Never too early, Coaching Vacancies

TennesseeValley

4 hours ago, warmachine7954 said:

Is Northside a good job?

North Side is tough because most kids will go to South Side. There will be athletes there and it can be turned into a higher level program if the right person gets it. Looking strictly at records it looks like the last coach did a good job with the talent he had.

14 minutes ago, WhereYouAt said:

The coach didn't stay long. It seems like they just hired him. 

He's been there a few years, but definitely not long. I know there were a number of people in Lexington unhappy about him being let go. There was a petition going around on social media to have him reinstated with over 1,000 signatures. Not sure what happened, as they haven't been bad.

5 hours ago, warmachine7954 said:

Is Northside a good job?

I'm going to say no. I wish North Side went after Dexter Williams to compete with South Side. I didn't know that Dexter was willing to leave Atwood for another job. I think Dancy would be their best option, but knowing JMCSS, they would probably prefer Dancy at JCM. I think it'll be a great hire if Dancy comes to North Side, and just coach boys only.

The reason why I say no is due to administration. There's no pride in the school, and no one shows up to games. The AD staff at North Side is content with winning 66% percent of the games, and lose in the postseason. I don't think they're willing to make a "bold decision" like Milan did with Teddy Pettigrew. In other words, whoever the boys coach is at North Side, will have a huge job security as long as he/she stays out of trouble. 

And North Side doesn't have the athletes either as they used to have 7-10 years ago. They went under .500 this year. They also lost to Bradford (X2), Scotts Hill, and McNairy Central. Teams that the Indians should not lose to.

19 hours ago, TryNotToSuck said:

I'm going to say no. I wish North Side went after Dexter Williams to compete with South Side. I didn't know that Dexter was willing to leave Atwood for another job. I think Dancy would be their best option, but knowing JMCSS, they would probably prefer Dancy at JCM. I think it'll be a great hire if Dancy comes to North Side, and just coach boys only.

The reason why I say no is due to administration. There's no pride in the school, and no one shows up to games. The AD staff at North Side is content with winning 66% percent of the games, and lose in the postseason. I don't think they're willing to make a "bold decision" like Milan did with Teddy Pettigrew. In other words, whoever the boys coach is at North Side, will have a huge job security as long as he/she stays out of trouble. 

And North Side doesn't have the athletes either as they used to have 7-10 years ago. They went under .500 this year. They also lost to Bradford (X2), Scotts Hill, and McNairy Central. Teams that the Indians should not lose to.

Hate JMCSS has so many schools/teams. Hard to have them all be competitive. Madison and South Side have been really good. Makes it tough on North Side, Liberty, and (soon) JCM. A city the size of Jackson should have two or three large high schools and that is it. We could discuss the many issues that the district has, but that is a topic for a non-sports forum.

Edited by SportsWestTN

16 hours ago, WhereYouAt said:

Can a coach go to Milan and win in boys basketball? 

They'll be AA (same as now) in the new classification. It might be good for them.

Hickman Co. High School (Centerville, TN)

Huntingdon High School (Huntingdon, TN)
Milan High School (Milan, TN)
Union City High School (Union City, TN)
Westview High School (Martin, TN)

The issue for any coach at a school like Milan is the coaches all being on board for each other. There will be athletes there but basketball players are built over time. 

I've heard of places that if a kid tried to play both football and basketball the coaches "made" the kid choose which to play. 

29 minutes ago, warmachine7954 said:

They'll be AA (same as now) in the new classification. It might be good for them.

Hickman Co. High School (Centerville, TN)

Huntingdon High School (Huntingdon, TN)
Milan High School (Milan, TN)
Union City High School (Union City, TN)
Westview High School (Martin, TN)

The issue for any coach at a school like Milan is the coaches all being on board for each other. There will be athletes there but basketball players are built over time. 

I've heard of places that if a kid tried to play both football and basketball the coaches "made" the kid choose which to play. 

In boys, the reclassification benefits Milan, unlike the girls. Milan should be able to compete with the schools in their district. They've got a great middle school coach that has had some great teams in recent memory. The disconnect comes at some point after that, where players either quit, don't develop anymore, or transfer. 

They need to get the right coach in, but it is a place where someone could win. Yes, it is a football school, but that shouldn't make it impossible for them to be successful in basketball, as well.

17 hours ago, SportsWestTN said:

He's been there a few years, but definitely not long. I know there were a number of people in Lexington unhappy about him being let go. There was a petition going around on social media to have him reinstated with over 1,000 signatures. Not sure what happened, as they haven't been bad.

Do those petition things even work out?

Edited by TryNotToSuck