Never too early, Coaching Vacancies

TennesseeValley

17 minutes ago, Dylan said:

As far as I know Lexington decided for whatever reason not to bring him back and Lexington fans were not happy about that.

Made somebody mad obviously. Never know. Seen where he got knocked out by Westview this year in Region. Westview also knocked South Gibson out convincingly in Region. Never know how it will work out until they lace them up. I have no idea what kind of material he had at Lexington. 

After 6 years at the helm, Brentwood Bruins HC Greg Shirley is stepping down. The Bruins were 132-57, including 67-20 in District 11AAA. 

I’ve been at Franklin since 2016-17 (also played them my 1 year at Beech in 2015-16) and I have a lot of respect for the Brentwood program. Coach Shirley & Coach Carter always had their guys ready to play! Discipline and Cohesion was a staple of the program. We had some real battles! Best of luck Coach Shirley! #RespectfulBow. 

http://www.williamsonherald.com/sports/hoops-after-6-seasons-pair-of-state-berths-brentwoods-shirley-resigns/article_ff2c3242-a397-11eb-a50d-03e3b8e4be7f.html

1 hour ago, SportsWestTN said:

I've seen him coach a few times and he seemed to do a good job. Don't know him personally but everything I have heard has been positive. 

When I look at Coach Runyon's record over the past 3 seasons his team got better every year. He Went 19-8 this year finished second behind South Side. So he seems to be able to develop talent. I read an article that stated the Superintendent and Board wanted a change. Rumor is the principal didn't agree with the decision. Sounds like he got railroaded out of Lexington. Time will tell whether this is a good hire or not but I don't see anything that will put up a red flag. 

37 minutes ago, WhereYouAt said:

When I look at Coach Runyon's record over the past 3 seasons his team got better every year. He Went 19-8 this year finished second behind South Side. So he seems to be able to develop talent. I read an article that stated the Superintendent and Board wanted a change. Rumor is the principal didn't agree with the decision. Sounds like he got railroaded out of Lexington. Time will tell whether this is a good hire or not but I don't see anything that will put up a red flag. 

Won’t be an advantage for the girls going across the river but possibly staying away from Memphis boys teams will not hurt the boys. South Gibson I thought did well last year with what they had lost. I do believe he will not have the talent off the bat that Mark had for sure. 

6 hours ago, GrumpyBulldog said:

Rick Rudesill to JCM. Tip of the hat to the JCM administration. Two splash hires to reboot one of the most storied athletic programs in West TN history.

TREMENDOUS A++ hire by the superintendent and JMC school system. A state championship coach is so hard to come by, and for JCM to land him is just remarkable. Now with that being said, it's a new school and he's gonna have to implement his way into a new program. BUT in a year or two, JCM could very well be a serious contender in single A.

3 hours ago, dmm88 said:

TREMENDOUS A++ hire by the superintendent and JMC school system. A state championship coach is so hard to come by, and for JCM to land him is just remarkable. Now with that being said, it's a new school and he's gonna have to implement his way into a new program. BUT in a year or two, JCM could very well be a serious contender in single A.

He will not have to teach classes as he will hold a position as director of basketball operations at JCM. Does every public high school get that position or is this a special deal for just JCM?