Never too early, Coaching Vacancies

TennesseeValley

1 minute ago, BallIsLife1 said:

Ripley High School job is now open with Lonnie Starks taking over both programs at Liberty Tech in Jackson. 

That's a GREAT hire for Liberty. The boys basketball pantheon of coaches in Jackson now, is ARGUABLY the state's best.

The North Side hire was about what I expected. Could’ve had a better hire, but it seems like they settled here. Dancy was much in play for this job at the beginning. Aaron Woods is a good coach, but the way JMCSS brought in Shutes and Rudesill to JCM, felt like they could’ve made another splash hire, just at North Side. Oh well, oh well, more average years on North Highland.

17 hours ago, TryNotToSuck said:

The North Side hire was about what I expected. Could’ve had a better hire, but it seems like they settled here. Dancy was much in play for this job at the beginning. Aaron Woods is a good coach, but the way JMCSS brought in Shutes and Rudesill to JCM, felt like they could’ve made another splash hire, just at North Side. Oh well, oh well, more average years on North Highland.

Sort of feels like JCM is the only school that they really care about. Dancy would have been a great hire with plenty of credibility to rejuvenate the program...maybe they didn't want "competition" for the athletes in the area.

Edited by tradertwo

On 5/2/2021 at 5:23 PM, tradertwo said:

Sort of feels like JCM is the only school that they really care about. Dancy would have been a great hire with plenty of credibility to rejuvenate the program...maybe they didn't want "competition" for the athletes in the area.

See I disagree. I don’t think Dancy is a very good coach in my opinion. Let’s call a duck a duck here. He went to the state tournament at Haywood with athletes. He went to Milan where he had some good athletes and had the potential to win games and he didn’t. Instead he blew up on the kids, would call 4 timeouts in the first quarter and go nuts. He didn’t believe in freshman games or a big jv schedule. How do you get better in that atmosphere? You don’t!

56 minutes ago, WestTNroundball said:

See I disagree. I don’t think Dancy is a very good coach in my opinion. Let’s call a duck a duck here. He went to the state tournament at Haywood with athletes. He went to Milan where he had some good athletes and had the potential to win games and he didn’t. Instead he blew up on the kids, would call 4 timeouts in the first quarter and go nuts. He didn’t believe in freshman games or a big jv schedule. How do you get better in that atmosphere? You don’t!

I have heard the same thing and have heard players don’t respect him. Since we are calling ducks ducks, do you think the USJ parents would reinstate the girls coach if he told them tommorow he wanted to come back because he made a mistake?? He has had some success with tons of talent but didn’t win a championship.  

10 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

I have heard the same thing and have heard players don’t respect him. Since we are calling ducks ducks, do you think the USJ parents would reinstate the girls coach if he told them tommorow he wanted to come back because he made a mistake?? He has had some success with tons of talent but didn’t win a championship.  

Some would, but some wouldn't. There were some rumblings from some parents that wanted him out anyway. I can't comment on Dancy's coaching ability, but I can on Coach Shutes...he's not the absolute best that I've seen, but they'll be hard pressed to find a better one to replace him, the man was (is) a good coach.

• Like 1