Never too early, Coaching Vacancies

TennesseeValley

12 minutes ago, WestTNroundball said:

Bigger as in attendance and success! I don’t want to drop the name due to certain reasons, He’s going to have them in the gym a lot and plans on having a full summer since they are allowed to play 10 days/camps/playdays in the summer. You’d have to trust me when I say it will definitely be a good hire. He’s around 30 years of age and will put the time and hard work that’s necessary. I wouldn’t be surprised if they competed right away.

Now I have to go look at attendance and success of teams in West Tennessee... LOL

What is your definition of West TN? Including Memphis?

15 minutes ago, WestTNroundball said:

Not including Shelby County. This person has all AAA experience

That means Dyer Co., Hardin Co. or Henry Co.

Someone a few weeks back on this thread mentioned a Dyer Co. assistant having interest in it, but didn't say who specifically it was. Are you saying this person is interested, front runner, or has been offered?

57 minutes ago, WestTNroundball said:

Bigger as in attendance and success! I don’t want to drop the name due to certain reasons, He’s going to have them in the gym a lot and plans on having a full summer since they are allowed to play 10 days/camps/playdays in the summer. You’d have to trust me when I say it will definitely be a good hire. He’s around 30 years of age and will put the time and hard work that’s necessary. I wouldn’t be surprised if they competed right away.

These are things I'd be expecting from any coach that takes this position. Without knowing who it is specifically, I guess we'll have to take your word for it.

2 minutes ago, TennesseeValley said:

They are talking about Rob Parson. I called it a couple of weeks ago when someone else was talking about him. Seems to have a good track record. He's been at Dyer County and Hardin County under some good coaches between McCord and Burnham. I talked to McCord about him a few weeks ago and he had nothing but good things to say about him, seems like he was very high on him. Probably wouldn't be a bad hire for SG.

I see. Only reason I had heard of the other coach is because I had a nephew that went to school with him. 

Interested to see who they hire. Seems like it is taking them a while. But I guess that is what happens when you have to try and find two head coaches at once.

2 hours ago, WestTNroundball said:

He will have to do more than have a full summer. Every HS I know of has a full summer when allowed. He will have to play spring ball and have camps for his feeder programs and play days for them. They need a high energy coach to change the culture. 

10 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

He will have to do more than have a full summer. Every HS I know of has a full summer when allowed. He will have to play spring ball and have camps for his feeder programs and play days for them. They need a high energy coach to change the culture. 

I completely agree, but we are past spring ball at this point. If there’s not a hire till May then a full summer will be what is needed this summer. 10 days of camps and playdays, playing as many games as possible, practices, working with the middle school coach. Having the kids play in a fall league and setting up a league for his feeder system. There’s a lot of things that need to be in place for whoever gets the job if they want to do it right!

6 hours ago, WestTNroundball said:

I completely agree, but we are past spring ball at this point. If there’s not a hire till May then a full summer will be what is needed this summer. 10 days of camps and playdays, playing as many games as possible, practices, working with the middle school coach. Having the kids play in a fall league and setting up a league for his feeder system. There’s a lot of things that need to be in place for whoever gets the job if they want to do it right!

You get out of it what you put into it I agree, The job has potential. I hope they get a high energy coach and do well. I am friends with lots of parents that have kids playing. I wish them well.