Never too early, Coaching Vacancies

TennesseeValley

6 minutes ago, WhereYouAt said:

Her success in post season is pretty good according to her record. Region last 3 years with a sub state appearance. 

I personally hadn’t heard a thing about the job. With her living there and I am sure her kids going to school there it would sure seem almost a certainty she would apply. But you never know what they will do and who they will hire. 

2 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

I personally hadn’t heard a thing about the job. With her living there and I am sure her kids going to school there it would sure seem almost a certainty she would apply. But you never know what they will do and who they will hire. 

West Tennessee jobs are unbelievable this year both girls and boys. Jobs everywhere with very little movement? Schools will be left out if they don't move fast. I think jobs will start being filled this week and next. 

8 minutes ago, WhereYouAt said:

West Tennessee jobs are unbelievable this year both girls and boys. Jobs everywhere with very little movement? Schools will be left out if they don't move fast. I think jobs will start being filled this week and next. 

South Gibson girls generated a bunch of quality last time it came open. The Real Estate Market in Medina is hot as a firecracker. No telling who has applied for these jobs. That school is a sleeping giant. No reason for any sport in that school not to be a powerhouse. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pioneer42 said:

South Gibson girls generated a bunch of quality last time it came open. The Real Estate Market in Medina is hot as a firecracker. No telling who has applied for these jobs. That school is a sleeping giant. No reason for any sport in that school not to be a powerhouse. 

Really? Why are the coaches leaving?

3 hours ago, WhereYouAt said:

Really? Why are the coaches leaving?

Girls coach had to leave because her child is sick. Boys coach I honestly don’t know why, but boys job would always have to contend with Memphis boys so it is tougher. Girls job has the student population. Needs to set up feeder programs to the max and get all ages on the floor teaching fundamentals and camps. Need a culture change where basketball is available early and often. One’s that are true basketball players will get ahead and the all sport players will have no choice but to step their training up as well. They have the talent. Culture change is needed, IMO. Need a high energy coach that is eat up with basketball and winning is the only option. More kids going into that school than any other in rural West Tennessee for sure. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Girls coach had to leave because her child is sick. Boys coach I honestly don’t know why, but boys job would always have to contend with Memphis boys so it is tougher. Girls job has the student population. Needs to set up feeder programs to the max and get all ages on the floor teaching fundamentals and camps. Need a culture change where basketball is available early and often. One’s that are true basketball players will get ahead and the all sport players will have no choice but to step their training up as well. They have the talent. Culture change is needed, IMO. Need a high energy coach that is eat up with basketball and winning is the only option. More kids going into that school than any other in rural West Tennessee for sure. 

Agreed for the most part. Keep in mind the more kids that move in, the larger class they have to play in. Harder to be successful in AAA. Lots of other schools in that class that are loaded with raw talent.

18 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Hate to hear about the girls coach having to leave that way. So both coaches left and didn't get asked to leave. That is good. 

6 minutes ago, WhereYouAt said:

Hate to hear about the girls coach having to leave that way. So both coaches left and didn't get asked to leave. That is good. 

Boys coach Mark Wilkins took a job at Independence High School in Thompson Station. He is a really good coach and wasn’t asked to leave. 

Edited by pioneer42

4 hours ago, WhereYouAt said:

So South Gibson is the place to be if you are looking for a girls job in West TN. Milan also open.

Just saying there are lots of kids filtering in this school district. Great athletes in this school. Basketball don’t get the attention that other schools get in a lot of ways. A 365 24/7 good basketball coach could come in and do some damage if they changed the culture. 

16 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Just saying there are lots of kids filtering in this school district. Great athletes in this school. Basketball don’t get the attention that other schools get in a lot of ways. A 365 24/7 good basketball coach could come in and do some damage if they changed the culture. 

For sure, but the same case could be made for a lot of other places too. You get a coach like that at Milan or Humboldt or one of these other local openings, and I think you'd see the programs thrive too. There are very few jobs that are set up for total failure. Some are just easier projects then others.

26 minutes ago, SportsWestTN said:

For sure, but the same case could be made for a lot of other places too. You get a coach like that at Milan or Humboldt or one of these other local openings, and I think you'd see the programs thrive too. There are very few jobs that are set up for total failure. Some are just easier projects then others.

I agree. There is a reason the Westview’s, Gibson County’s, Summertown’s, Loretto’s, Macon County’s, Clarkrange’s, McMinn Central’s, Upperman’s, South Green’s, Bradley Central’s and Riverdale’s of the world are always in the mix. They have great feeder programs and cultures. And the communities and businesses will help aggressive coaches generate revenues for booster clubs. And most parents will too. Especially South Gibson. Look at what Peabody football has done. They had zero Gold Balls until 2014. Made great hires and they have won 4 in the last 7 years. Tim Haney and the Peabody administration gets an A + for making great hires.