MOW and best match

Hamblin

2 hours ago, oceansize42 said:

No.  Tre spent 8 minutes and 34 seconds on the mat.  Cody spent 14 minutes and 14 seconds.  There wasn't enough of a difference in opposition skill level to account for almost 6 minutes.  Tre earned that fair and square and for you to say otherwise is foolish.

This would be a valid argument if Tre had pinned everyone but he wasn’t able to pin all of his Opponents so the time on the mat doesn’t matter.  
The only wrestler in tournament to pin all of his opponents was Chittum.  Let me repeat that, the only wrestler to pin all of his opponents was Chittum. 

He should have been the OW.  How anyone can justify giving the OW to a kid who scored less points and wasn’t able to pin all of his opponents is mind-boggling.  

I get the Cleveland jealousy but let’s be real. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, durdon said:

This would be a valid argument if Tre had pinned everyone but he wasn’t able to pin all of his Opponents so the time on the mat doesn’t matter.  
The only wrestler in tournament to pin all of his opponents was Chittum.  Let me repeat that, the only wrestler to pin all of his opponents was Chittum. 

He should have been the OW.  How anyone can justify giving the OW to a kid who scored less points and wasn’t able to pin all of his opponents is mind-boggling.  

Cody pinned one more kid than Tre (Tre TF the other kid 17-2) and spent 6 more minutes on the mat and this is mind boggling?  That is definitely the dumbest thing I've read today.  The only mindboggling thing is how you actually believe there was some conspiracy.  Everyone I talk to is ridiculously proud of Cody Chittum and everyone is very aware of how hard he works.  There was no robbery here.  Just hard work and an earned MOW by Tre.

What is crazy is that people, like yourself, want to diminish a talented wrestlers obviously outstanding effort with conspiracy theories.  Jesus....

Edited by oceansize42
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, oceansize42 said:

Cody pinned one more kid than Tre (Tre TF the other kid 17-2) and spent 6 more minutes on the mat and this is mind boggling?  That is definitely the dumbest thing I've read today.  The only mindboggling thing is how you actually believe there was some conspiracy.  Everyone I talk to is ridiculously proud of Cody Chittum and everyone is very aware of how hard he works.  There was no robbery here.  Just hard work and an earned MOW by Tre.

What is crazy is that people, like yourself, want to diminish a talented wrestlers obviously outstanding effort with conspiracy theories.  Jesus....

Cody scored 30 points, how many points did Tre score?  It wasn’t 30 because he wasn’t able to pin all of his opponents.  You see in wrestling as much as you want to dismiss pins, you actually get more points for pins because pins are harder to earn than any other victory.

Chittum scored the maximum amount of points possible and he was the only wrestler in the tournament to do that.  

THE ONLY WRESTLER IN THE TOURNAMENT TO HAVE A PERFECT SCORE.  

Now you want to justify Tre getting the OW over Chittum cause he worked super hard. Next you will tell me Tre deserved it because he had a shinier singlet.  Please, save it.  

The math is simple. Chittum scored the most points and he deserved the OW.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, durdon said:

then the same should have gone to Peterson in DII. But that didn't happen either.

35 minutes ago, durdon said:

Cody scored 30 points, how many points did Tre score?  It wasn’t 30 because he wasn’t able to pin all of his opponents.  You see in wrestling as much as you want to dismiss pins, you actually get more points for pins because pins are harder to earn than any other victory.

Chittum scored the maximum amount of points possible and he was the only wrestler in the tournament to do that.  

THE ONLY WRESTLER IN THE TOURNAMENT TO HAVE A PERFECT SCORE.  

Now you want to justify Tre getting the OW over Chittum cause he worked super hard. Next you will tell me Tre deserved it because he had a shinier singlet.  Please, save it.  

The math is simple. Chittum scored the most points and he deserved the OW.  

And you continue to attempt to diminish Tre's accomplishment and spout conspiracy theories. You are piece of work. 

Edited by oceansize42

3 minutes ago, PurpleWrestler said:

Actually, I would have given it to either your son or Bowers, brackets were much tougher. But that's just my thought

That is the hard thing about OW. If you go by points then the heavy’s always have an advantage since they pin more but then if you try to reward the kids inside the bell curve (126-152) who always have the toughest brackets then it becomes a subjective beauty contest.  

1 hour ago, durdon said:

Cody Chittum was the best wrestler in all the divisions

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1