CLASS A STATE TOURNAMENT BRACKET

17 minutes ago, RodgerDodger32 said:

#1 has been running through my mind all day. Not sure why they didn’t. 

#2 she has battled some sickness and lost a ton of weight early in the preseason (not a good thing) and really hasn’t played that well all year. They’ll be back because they’re loaded with juniors and a few sophomores.

Glad she is over her sickness!  She is a heck of a player!

2 hours ago, MichaelScarn said:

She’s played like this the past two seasons and she has one more left.

I do believe she saved her best two games of the season for Murfreesboro.  I think she’s also figured out how good she can really be.

She caused us problems and took away our post game in the paint and taking it to the rim stuff we like to do. We couldn’t throw the ball in the ocean against good perimeter defense but we had open looks at times just couldn’t knock them down. With GC, Summertown, Loretto moving up and Clarkrange and Pickett County losing a bunch they will be a favorite to win it all no doubt in Single A. Don’t know what Clay County has coming back but I would bet they will be tough. McKenzie will be tough in the west but North Green will be way up there maybe number 1. Congrats on a great year!!!

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

She caused us problems and took away our post game in the paint and taking it to the rim stuff we like to do. We couldn’t throw the ball in the ocean against good perimeter defense but we had open looks at times just couldn’t knock them down. With GC, Summertown, Loretto moving up and Clarkrange and Pickett County losing a bunch they will be a favorite to win it all no doubt in Single A. Don’t know what Clay County has coming back but I would bet they will be tough. McKenzie will be tough in the west but North Green will be way up there maybe number 1. Congrats on a great year!!!

Yes north Greene and Mckenzie 1 and 2 next season in 1A

2A in the west next season

1) Loretto

2) Westview

3) Gibson Co.

1 minute ago, 1983 said:

1) Loretto

2) Westview

3) Gibson Co.

Depending on how much more size/strength and ability Ally Weathers adds on over the summer from her 8th grade to 9th grade year, Loretto could be a better team next year even with losing a couple starters to graduation.  Excited for tomorrow as well as next year!

10 minutes ago, Jaychapman said:

Be hard to replace Kenzie big part of everything they do defense offense & rebounds 

No doubt.  She will definitely be missed.  It's been so much fun watching her play and I hate to see her go. 

But, have you seen Ally play?  Our playing style may change slightly, but we will be just fine.

59 minutes ago, 1983 said:

1) Loretto

2) Westview

3) Gibson Co.

Westview loses some big pieces but they will be tough I agree. GC loses no one and will develop. GC’s defense will be off the chart next year. This was the first year most of the girls got to play a full season. They were stingy with points late in the year. Held teams to mid 30’s until North Green and they had 43. Their defense will be much like Summertown’s this year, IMO. 

Edited by pioneer42

5 hours ago, RodgerDodger32 said:

#1 has been running through my mind all day. Not sure why they didn’t. 

#2 she has battled some sickness and lost a ton of weight early in the preseason (not a good thing) and really hasn’t played that well all year. They’ll be back because they’re loaded with juniors and a few sophomores.

Who all graduates? Cloudland loses 6 but return several key players.  Also the sophomore class played for state in jr high.  

1 hour ago, THE KING said:

Who all graduates? Cloudland loses 6 but return several key players.  Also the sophomore class played for state in jr high.  

All they lose is #20 and #34...which have played a lot last few years but there are some

sophomores that will take their place just fine.... now after this next year they’re gonna drop wayyyyyyyy down.