CLASS A STATE TOURNAMENT BRACKET

Loretto Lady Mustangs, State Champs in Class A basketball !  I'm so proud of the fine young ladies and coaches.  They deserve everything they got.  It was a total team victory.  This is the team we've been waiting to see this year.  It took us a little longer than we thought, but they starting coming together a couple of weeks ago.  When Buttrum, Tidwell, Clifton started to play offensively and defensively like they were always capable of playing, we knew we were a different team.  We knew what we had with Karly and Kensey Weathers.  It started with the McKenzie game and ended yesterday with a Gold Ball.  Congrats to a great season Lady Mustangs.  We are so proud of you !

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Bulldog2396 said:

<snip>

One thing I dislike is a coach talking about how  bad  ( we shot terrible)  her team played as to why they lost. (Summertown. ). To me that is a slap in the face.  When they win, the coach gets credit for the win, but when they lose, players get the blame for the loss. 

<snip>

A coach should not place blame or belittle his/her players in the media. Yes, the kids will get yelled at in the locker-room or during time-outs. Chalk it up to the excitement during the game. But apologizing for the team's effort, after the dust has settled, in the newspaper, etc. is a no-no in my opinion.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gogold said:

Loretto Lady Mustangs, State Champs in Class A basketball !  I'm so proud of the fine young ladies and coaches.  They deserve everything they got.  It was a total team victory.  This is the team we've been waiting to see this year.  It took us a little longer than we thought, but they starting coming together a couple of weeks ago.  When Buttrum, Tidwell, Clifton started to play offensively and defensively like they were always capable of playing, we knew we were a different team.  We knew what we had with Karly and Kensey Weathers.  It started with the McKenzie game and ended yesterday with a Gold Ball.  Congrats to a great season Lady Mustangs.  We are so proud of you !

Congratulations to Loretto!!! I know the feeling you got right now and I am happy for you guys and it will last forever!! Y’all got hot and all gelled at the right time!! Enjoy the celebrations. Y’all deeerve it!!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, VOLnWTN said:

Fantastic ballgame.  Congrats to Loretto. 

Now if McKenzie can find a true post player or two  to compliment their guard play, we will be decent next year. 

I agree that post play is a concern for Mckenzie but I don’t think it will matter much in 1A next season.  

1 hour ago, Timeslowdownplease said:

Loretto & Summertown are in District 10 next year. They will play a sub-State against middle Tennessee schools.  State Tournament will be stacked though!

Gibson County and Westview are Middle TN teams now. They are in District 12 and Region 6. Region 6 and Region 5 play substate.