Miss Basketball

mas1821

6 minutes ago, mas1821 said:

Does anyone know when the presentation of the winners is and if it will be streamed?

On Saturday after the championship game for each classification. The Single A winner will be announced after the Single A championship game, AA after theirs, AAA after theirs and it should be live streamed with the actual game still on the NFHS site

• Thanks 1

Just now, RidinSplinters said:

Single A is almost certainly Weathers. Not even all that close in my opinion.

She was definitely the he best of the 3 today and it wasnt close from watching online.  Now it looked like Hart was being double teamed even off the ball a lot.  And she still had a double double.  But sub par for her standards. 

12 minutes ago, Khall555 said:

Voting was already done before the Tournament but she should win, I was also impressed with sister’s poise and play today 

Karly should definitely win.  

The announcer was wrong. Kenzie and Karly aren't sisters. Her sister is in 8th grade and LHS doesn't play 8th graders on the High School team. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, GlassHouseBound said:

She was definitely the he best of the 3 today and it wasnt close from watching online.  Now it looked like Hart was being double teamed even off the ball a lot.  And she still had a double double.  But sub par for her standards. 

I think this has been the gameplan this postseason for teams playing GC. Sell out to stop Madison Hart, and ask the supporting cast to beat you. Micah Hart has stepped up in those games, did today as well. Bit easier to commit extra defenders to stop a post player than a guard, but Weathers is certainly very talented. I'd assume that she get it this year, if for no other reason than career achievement (not saying that she doesn't deserve it based on this year alone). That isn't how the award is supposed to work, but a lot of times it does. 

2 hours ago, SportsWestTN said:

I think this has been the gameplan this postseason for teams playing GC. Sell out to stop Madison Hart, and ask the supporting cast to beat you. Micah Hart has stepped up in those games, did today as well. Bit easier to commit extra defenders to stop a post player than a guard, but Weathers is certainly very talented. I'd assume that she get it this year, if for no other reason than career achievement (not saying that she doesn't deserve it based on this year alone). That isn't how the award is supposed to work, but a lot of times it does. 

Weathers has multiple SEC offers including Tennessee. Not sure there is really a comparison talent wise.

7 minutes ago, RidinSplinters said:

Weathers has multiple SEC offers including Tennessee. Not sure there is really a comparison talent wise.

Been a while since I've seen her play, so hard for me to comment on the comparison between the two. Will say it isn't supposed to be a talent award, but an award based on production, which hopefully is what you see from someone with great talent. Hart isn't going to get big D-1 offers because she is an undersized post (at least at the collegiate level; need to be well over six foot to be a post at that level). Doesn't change the production she has, if anything it makes it that much more impressive. 

Weathers is certainly deserving of the honor. She has been one of the best players in the state since she started playing high school ball.