LARRY LEGEND MACON COUNTY

UCSportsFan

42 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

If your talking about Macon I will say they looked very well coached and for a man that will take 5 players and full court press you and beat your 8-10 says a lot. 

“Westy” is Westmoreland an incredible defensive team. They were the only team to beat Macon in 2019-20 by 3 points. Macon had some injuries and roasted them by 17 in a rematch. Strange thing is Macon and Westmoreland are only 15 miles apart and part of Westmoreland is in Macon County (kids go to Macon) and the 2 teams are in completely different Districts. 

16 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

If your talking about Macon I will say they looked very well coached and for a man that will take 5 players and full court press you and beat your 8-10 says a lot. 

Not about Macon... we split with them. I am talking about the mas guy who is acting like Macon loosing to us makes them a bad team like we aren't good lol. Number 3 defense in the state.

17 hours ago, Khall555 said:

“Westy” is Westmoreland an incredible defensive team. They were the only team to beat Macon in 2019-20 by 3 points. Macon had some injuries and roasted them by 17 in a rematch. Strange thing is Macon and Westmoreland are only 15 miles apart and part of Westmoreland is in Macon County (kids go to Macon) and the 2 teams are in completely different Districts. 

If westy ever gets a good scorer it will be lights out. Their D IS THE BEST WEPAON. Scoring points consistently is the only weak part once it's get figured out they will be tough on any team.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, bigstick12 said:

If westy ever gets a good scorer it will be lights out. Their D IS THE BEST WEPAON. Scoring points consistently is the only weak part once it's get figured out they will be tough on any team.

You are right... I think this next year we will have a legit shot... If Eakle can find her stride and put up 15 to 20+ night in and night out with the help of some of the juniors and our defense we will be hard to beat. 

4 hours ago, GBO52 said:

Not about Macon... we split with them. I am talking about the mas guy who is acting like Macon loosing to us makes them a bad team like we aren't good lol. Number 3 defense in the state.

Greenfield's 19-20 team is who I was talking about in the post. I have ZERO ties to them... 19-20 Westmoreland would've gotten routed by them.  My team is Loretto..  we would have beaten you guys the past 3 years, but....  ok!

I love how you chimed in on this not even knowing what team you proclaimed your team would beat..  

And I never said your team was bad.  I put out stances, opinions based on fact, observations, stats etc..  I never throw disrespect, not my style.  I'll leave that to the little man holding a golf club.  

Edited by mas1821

4 hours ago, bigstick12 said:

Got a feeling there will continue to be low scoring games like we seen in the Summertown Clarkrange game and others. Based on what I seen this year if you can play solid defense and score 45-50 a game preferably 50 that might be Gold Ball good. Lots of low scoring games this year.

4 hours ago, mas1821 said:

Greenfield's 19-20 team is who I was talking about in the post. I have ZERO ties to them... 19-20 Westmoreland would've gotten routed by them.  My team is Loretto..  we would have beaten you guys the past 3 years, but....  ok!

I love how you chimed in on this not even knowing what team you proclaimed your team would beat..  

And I never said your team was bad.  I put out stances, opinions based on fact, observations, stats etc..  I never throw disrespect, not my style.  I'll leave that to the little man holding a golf club.  

You acted like it was a shame to be beat by Westmoreland... as if they haven't been a very solid team for years now in girls BB

1 hour ago, GBO52 said:

You acted like it was a shame to be beat by Westmoreland... as if they haven't been a very solid team for years now in girls BB

not intended that way bud.  Greenfield was undefeated, their only close game was a 6 point win over my home team, Loretto.  They played a lot of good competition, and the games usually weren't close.  that's all I was referring to.  Macon lost, Greenfield clobbered almost everyone.

58 minutes ago, mas1821 said:

not intended that way bud.  Greenfield was undefeated, their only close game was a 6 point win over my home team, Loretto.  They played a lot of good competition, and the games usually weren't close.  that's all I was referring to.  Macon lost, Greenfield clobbered almost everyone.

The same Greenfield team didn’t handle the Loretto game in 2019 well at all especially in the 4th quarter. Chloe helped lead two different comebacks in the 4th and when they got within 1 or 2 both times they had other players try to be heroes. That is when the coach should have let the possessions go through her. Never know what will happen in Murfreesboro. 

16 hours ago, mas1821 said:

FYI: Westmoreland was a top 10 team that year but had to go through Nashville officials to advance and have to be favorites in the new AA especially in that new district. 

Macon had several key players injured that game (3rd of the season BTW) and proceeded to rout everyone else. You don’t go through 8AA undefeated and not be very very good. Even the close game at Upperman that Macon won by 7 was not really that close Macon lead by 20 something most of that game. Upperman was the #2 team in AA last year and lost to Westmoreland and 4 times to Macon. The reason some people think Macon was better than Greenfield was depth. 3 starters on this year’s team rarely played last year (1 had quit basketball, 1 was a transfer that took a while to get used to the style of play, and the other was the little sister of a starter that didn’t see much time). That depth was a weapon that White used. Macon relentlessly pressed all night without concern of tiring players or foul issues. Plus it allowed Gregory a lot of open shots. Most of her 3’s this season were very long range (25 ft plus) because teams wouldn’t allow her any opportunity to shoot within the 20 ft range. With Keely Carter teams had to give her open space to operate or just let Carter light them up. Would Greenfield have been able to handle that for an entire game? Like I said it would have been a fun game to watch.

Edited by Khall555
  • Like 1