LARRY LEGEND MACON COUNTY

UCSportsFan

3 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Y’all was supposed to win it in 2019. Cheatham County beating you guys was a big time upset. Y’all play them 10 games y’all win 8 or 9, IMO. 

Losing to Cheatham County was the best thing to happen to that team the next year they took no one for granted. That loss to Westmoreland only made the point more. After that Macon wasn’t losing to anyone on their schedule. 

6 minutes ago, mas1821 said:

I saw macon at State and once more during the post season last year.  And I (not a greenfield or macon fan) am sorry, but in my educated opinion, greenfield wins by 10+ at home and neutral, Macon probably wins at home.  Chloe, Tess, the transfer, and lil darby would have been too much for y'all imo.

It would have been a fun game no doubt.   Without and common opponents and final results it is hard to say who wins. Sadly covid kept both teams from going into the record books as 2 of the best in the state. 2020 Macon was right there with some of the best in the last 20 years IMO. 

Edited by Khall555

6 minutes ago, Khall555 said:

Losing to Cheatham County was the best thing to happen to that team the next year they took no one for granted. That loss to Westmoreland only made the point more. After that Macon wasn’t losing to anyone on their schedule. 

After watching them in the first round against Covington, I knew they were going to win it all. You could see it in their eyes. They were on a mission!! Congratulations!! I know y’all are a happy bunch!! I met Coach White at the hotel Friday. Super nice guy!! Y’all deeerve it!!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Khall555 said:

It would have been a fun game no doubt.   Without and common opponents and final results it is hard to say who wins. Sadly covid kept both teams from going into the record books as 2 of the best in the state. 2020 Macon was right there with some of the best in the last 20 years IMO. 

Agreed.  Last year was a shame how things panned out.  So many great teams left upset.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

After watching them in the first round against Covington, I knew they were going to win it all. You could see it in their eyes. They were on a mission!! Congratulations!! I know y’all are a happy bunch!! I met Coach White at the hotel Friday. Super nice guy!! Y’all deeerve it!!

He and my dad grew up together. He lives basketball. I no longer live in Lafayette but everyone I know there says it been fun and a lot of tears were shead Saturday afternoon. That town loves the Tigers and Tigerettes. That gym is an incredible place to see a game (without restrictions). My daughter wants to go to school there and my niece and nephew do. My daughter  has met several former girls players I know and they explained to her what it’s like to be a Tigerette in that town. Even when they were not good (like next year team will be) the girls are loved more than the Football team is. When both the boys and girls basketball teams are winning it’s an incredible place. TnChad on here can a-test to that as he and I used to sit together in the end section that is now the student section. 

Edited by Khall555

2 minutes ago, Khall555 said:

He and my dad grew up together. He lives basketball. I no longer live in Lafayette but everyone I know there says it been fun and a lot of tears were shead Saturday afternoon. That town loves the Tigers and Tigerettes. That gym is an incredible place to see a game (without restrictions). My daughter wants to go to school there and my niece and nephew do. 

I sat in your section Thursday. You could tell the passion. I felt like I was at one of our games. You guys have a party at the school today??

On 3/13/2021 at 3:55 PM, UCSportsFan said:

What a fitting end to a tough 2 seasons for Coach White. He had the BEST team in the state last year in all classifications would have won state last year without question, loses 3 starters, comes back and wins a state championship when his team wasn’t even picked to win his own district. Don’t tell me coaching doesn’t matter!!  Congratulations to Coach White and the Tigerettes of Macon County!  

Agreed. Macon was the best team i saw play last year. Every classification.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, mas1821 said:

I saw macon at State and once more during the post season last year.  And I (not a greenfield or macon fan) am sorry, but in my educated opinion, greenfield wins by 10+ at home and neutral, Macon probably wins at home.  Chloe, Tess, the transfer, and lil darby would have been too much for y'all imo.

Your opinion counts for less than zero. So let’s put that out there right now as does mine for that matter.  This was a thread about a great coach who defied all odds and won a state championship. He beat two teams during the regular season (Upperman and Blackman) who 1000% would have beaten Geeenfields team and he beat them with 3 less starters. Greenfield had one of the best Class A teams I’ve seen no disrespect to them at all.  But he won a state championship that he and his team earned and you decide to hi-jack this thread and make it about something else. Thanks 

Edited by UCSportsFan
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, 85warrior said:

Since Macon subbed very little do they not have a lot of talent coming up next season? 

Not really. The other 5 players barely played all season except in blowouts. A couple of them are legacy players whose parents were Basketball players at Macon (So was Keely Carter, Shoulders, Gregory, Ward). They may start a lot of Freshmen next year but the current 7th and 6th grade teams are loaded with talent according to their coaches. Maybe even better than the group that just left. White is staying because of them. 

Edited by Khall555

22 minutes ago, Khall555 said:

Not really. The other 5 players barely played all season except in blowouts. A couple of them are legacy players whose parents were Basketball players at Macon (So was Keely Carter, Gregory, Ward). They may start a lot of Freshmen next year but the current 7th and 6th grade teams are loaded with talent according to their coaches. Maybe even better than the group that just left. White is staying because of them. 

Ok. Thanks. I was just curious since my alma mater(White County) will be in the same District next season.

1 minute ago, 85warrior said:

Ok. Thanks. I was just curious since my alma mater(White County) will be in the same District next season.

I know Cumberland will be in it also. Loaded district with Macon, Upperman, Livingston, Stone, DeKalb, White and Cumberland. Unfair to load it up like that really. 

I worked in Sparta for a year. Love that town. Your gym is one of my favorites. 

• Like 1