District 5-AAAA 2021-2022

FootballFan51

1 hour ago, clevelandblueraiderfan said:

That EH team was Madison and nothing else. Girls basketball, outside of Bradley, has been really bad in this area for a long time.

Incorrect. EH had a strong senior group Madison’s Sr year. Just ask Tony Williams if you don’t remember. 
Also, Cleveland was a top 10 team last year if Williams had not been injured. They lost 6 good seniors this year, so next year will be a rebuild, but they have talent. 

Edited by FootballFan51

58 minutes ago, MAD SCIENCE said:

From what I've heard, Bradley lost more then the four seniors. Couple more varsity girls players are leaving. Good news is, they may have moved because of upcoming talent coming in.

I know Miles moved to Louisiana with her dad, but haven’t heard much more. 
Who all else is leaving? 

• 1 month later...
On 4/25/2021 at 9:10 PM, MAD SCIENCE said:

From what I've heard, Bradley lost more then the four seniors. Couple more varsity girls players are leaving. Good news is, they may have moved because of upcoming talent coming in.

Just from what I’ve seen on social media, seems like Bradley is going to have another super-strong group of Freshman next year. 
I’m not really close to the program as I once was, so not sure if they are losing upperclassman or not, but I don’t see how there could be enough basketballs for them all. 
Similar to Cleveland’s wrestling program, the second best team in the District will probably be Bradley’s JV team… 

• 2 months later...

Makenna miles is the only one that left from last years bradley squad from what I've read. She is a senior this year anyway. Doesn't seem to bother them when a great player leaves,  they proved that when blair moved to Cleveland. miles did play lock down defense but somebody else will step up like carpenter or one of the other great stars they have. "New" district,  same district winning streak  just based of history and experience,  Cleveland has the best chance to beat them  what teams are in 6aaaa now that would play them in region tournament??

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 10/28/2021 at 9:21 AM, southeasttnbasketballfan said:

Bump...

What are the thoughts now that we are a couple weeks away from the start?

1. Bradley - still figuring things out after losing a lot of really good players from last year (including Miles moving to Louisiana & 6’2” Falcon out for the year with leg injury). Jones, Carpenter & Crittenden will have to step it up & will need 3-5 3 pointers a game from Weber & Swick

2. Cleveland - looks good so far with a decisive win over Riverdale. I think they are a lock for 2nd & may have a chance to beat Bradley if they can make shots. 

3. McMinn Co - 

4. Walker Valley - 

Edited by FootballFan51

On 3/17/2021 at 11:11 PM, FootballFan51 said:

Yes, too early, but who will be the most likely to compete with Bradley Central, who has won their last 97 District games? With going to 4 Classifications, the District will look a little different with the following teams. 

-Bradley Central

-Cleveland 

-McMinn Co

-Ooltewah 

-Rhea Co

-Howard 

-Walker Valley

Honestly, I don’t see Bradley losing a District game, so maybe the question is who will finish 2nd - 4th? Probably Cleveland, McMinn & Rhea, but don’t know much about Howard. 

Cleveland lost 5 (really 6) senior starters & while they will be ok, I don’t think they would win a Region game vs the OLD District 6AAA, but I don’t know much about the new 6AAAA, except 3 pretty good teams from last year are no longer in 6AAAA (Stone, White Co & Cookeville). 

Bradley

Cleveland

McMinn

Rhea

Walker Valley

Howard

This is what I am thinking barring injuries  

On 11/22/2021 at 1:27 PM, logcabinman said:

Bradley

Cleveland

McMinn

Rhea

Walker Valley

Howard

This is what I am thinking barring injuries  

I would put WV over Rhea for 4th. Will be interesting to see if there are any upsets in those 2-4 teams. I don’t think Cleveland will lose to anyone besides Bradley, so the WV vs McMinn Co games should be the most competitive to watch. 

2 hours ago, FootballFan51 said:

I would put WV over Rhea for 4th. Will be interesting to see if there are any upsets in those 2-4 teams. I don’t think Cleveland will lose to anyone besides Bradley, so the WV vs McMinn Co games should be the most competitive to watch. 

I haven't seen WV play but the Rhea county team that I saw last year is going to take a few years to get back.  They were just bad all around.   

6 hours ago, FootballFan51 said:

I agree, Rhea is just bad, WV has some good young talent, they should get better as the season goes.