2A Region 5 Preview

Overland

46 minutes ago, Vandychris said:

Not a very good week for this region. Cascade wins big over Cannon County. Other than that, COVID beat Summertown, Loretto blows a huge late lead and loses to Lawrenceburg High School, Richland had the night off, and at last look, Mt Pleasant had an offensive explosion in beating Scotts Hill 28-7

Mt. Pleasant has the talent to be good. Big, strong, quick kids with depth on the sideline...just look "ragtag" and undisciplined. Had to leave at halftime trailing 2-0, but I could see our defense wearing down. They could finish way down in the region from turnovers and sloppy play, or give everyone in region trouble with their athleticism.

Week 3 Preview and Rankings 

#1 - Cascade (2-0) visits #4 Mt. Pleasant (1-1) . Cascade defeated Cannon County 25-0. Mt. Pleasant defeated Scotts Hill 28-7. 

#2 - Loretto (1-1) visits  #3 Forrest (1-1) . Loretto lost a shootout 45-38 to Lawrence County in a big rivalry game. Forrest lost a defensive struggle to cross county rival Cornersville 16-6. Forrest won last seasons game 18-7 at Loretto. 

#6 - Richland (0-1) visits #5 Summertown (0-2) . Both teams were off last week with a bye week and a Covid forfeit.  

2 hours ago, GeneralForrest said:

I'm gonna stop doing individual threads and recaps. No one cares except R5 people. I'll just stay with this thread. 

Forrest is a bad team, but Loretto is worse. Forrest by 2 TDs

Forrest won by 11 last year but Loretto returns a lot. May be a dog fight. Better bring a bag of trick plays if we are getting to 14.  If we lose this game good luck getting to 5 wins in 2021.  typed a long reply to your Cornersville recap but said why bother and just deleted it. Good points. 

5 hours ago, Salem said:

Forrest won by 11 last year but Loretto returns a lot. May be a dog fight. Better bring a bag of trick plays if we are getting to 14.  If we lose this game good luck getting to 5 wins in 2021.  typed a long reply to your Cornersville recap but said why bother and just deleted it. Good points. 

Send it.  I wanna see what you said. 

On 8/30/2021 at 9:36 AM, GeneralForrest said:

I'm gonna stop doing individual threads and recaps. No one cares except R5 people. I'll just stay with this thread. 

I don’t know why you feel the need to come at Loretto like that but you better watch out. Should be a fun one tomorrow night. Them boys gonna show you they ain’t as bad as you think. (They actually pretty good)

6 hours ago, LorettoGuy said:

I don’t know why you feel the need to come at Loretto like that but you better watch out. Should be a fun one tomorrow night. Them boys gonna show you they ain’t as bad as you think. (They actually pretty good)

Come at Loretto? It's a message board. You added absolutely nothing but homer talk. They are 0-4 against Forrest since 2017, including 3 bad Forrest teams. But ok. 

On 8/30/2021 at 9:36 AM, GeneralForrest said:

As bad as Forrest is, I think they win this one. I'll say 27-13. I don't think Loretto is very good at all. 

If Forrest loses, surely Eli might be on the hot seat?

Might be reason enough to hope for a Mustang win.  

If Loretto was awful Forrest couldn't score 27 points. We may not score 27 points in region games this season. With their returning starters coming back they should field a better than average squad. I say that without seeing a single clip of 2021 Loretto. They have a complete media blackout down there. They had no offense but a smothering defense in week 1 and in week 2 their offense was on fire and the defense was awful. We really need their terrible offense and awful defense to show up tonight. 

Hot seat? Staff has 8 games to reach their potential or changes need to happen. We should go 6-2 or 7-1 down the stretch. The bunch of middle school kids we have coming up are too talented to continue these performances. I will predict now this 8th grade group will be better than the 2019 seniors we had.

38 minutes ago, Salem said:

If Loretto was awful Forrest couldn't score 27 points. We may not score 27 points in region games this season. With their returning starters coming back they should field a better than average squad. I say that without seeing a single clip of 2021 Loretto. They have a complete media blackout down there. They had no offense but a smothering defense in week 1 and in week 2 their offense was on fire and the defense was awful. We really need their terrible offense and awful defense to show up tonight. 

Hot seat? Staff has 8 games to reach their potential or changes need to happen. We should go 6-2 or 7-1 down the stretch. The bunch of middle school kids we have coming up are too talented to continue these performances. I will predict now this 8th grade group will be better than the 2019 seniors we had.

39 minutes ago, Salem said:

39 minutes ago, Salem said:

It’s obvious you haven’t seen a clip of Loretto this year because their defense was solid for 3 quarters and just ran out of gas in the 4th last week. It was 31-19 going into the 4th quarter and one touchdown was a punt return. Offense struggled running a new offense week 1 but clicked last week. But should be a good game.

4 hours ago, Salem said:

i have also heard things about the older middle school kids being extremely talented. i am not ready to pronounce them better than 2019 yet, but shades of 2016 for sure- another team that went to state quarters.