2A Region 5 Preview

Overland

Forrest 13
Summertown 8

Tis will be a typical SHS/FHS game that comes down to the last possession. The way SHS has struggled on offense for 2 season despite having Shaffer as well as Aniken Johnson and Javen Edmiston is rather perplexing. Maybe getting untracked last week will be a positive step and lead to bigger and better things. For now, I have to figure this game comes down to what we have seen in this game for its duration-strong defense from both teams.

18 hours ago, Salem said:

I have noticed the kindler gentler General this year. I need to aspire to be better. 

HA. i was being honest. i don't think moore is as bad as you say. they played cascade very close. i dont think they would lose to community either. loretto and collinwood are both horrible. but again, your reasoning, as usual, is sound for your thoughts.

if forrest comes out and steamrolls summertown, ill be impressed. if they squeak out another 12-6 type game, i will be off the bandwagon. if they lose, eli should sleep outside at henry horton until he can get his belongings cleaned out. 

hows that for kinder gentler

Edited by GeneralForrest
"he" for "be"
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Vandychris said:

Forrest 13
Summertown 8

Tis will be a typical SHS/FHS game that comes down to the last possession. The way SHS has struggled on offense for 2 season despite having Shaffer as well as Aniken Johnson and Javen Edmiston is rather perplexing. Maybe getting untracked last week will be a positive step and lead to bigger and better things. For now, I have to figure this game comes down to what we have seen in this game for its duration-strong defense from both teams.

i swear they could play forrest games for terrorists and theyd all confess 

By MAURICE PATTON Main Street Maury

Summertown (2-1, 1-0) at Forrest (3-1, 1-0): Since losing to rival Lawrence County, the Eagles have posted victories over Richland and Collinwood, but the Rockets are tough at home. Forrest relies on its defense, having allowed just 30 total points thus far with recent wins over league foe Loretto and at Moore County. If they can clamp down on Summertown RB Javen Edmiston, it’ll go a long way in deciding this Region 5-2A matchup. Summertown 21, Forrest 16.

Mt. Pleasant (1-2, 0-1) at Loretto (2-2, 0-1): The Tigers come off an open date and a loss to Region 5-2A foe Cascade over the past two weeks, but should be getting some reinforcements in time for their matchup with the Mustangs -- the only team Mt. Pleasant defeated in a 1-8 campaign a year ago. If the ground game shows up to balance QB Nick Brown and WRs Jeffrey Williamson and Demarkus Brown, the Tigers could even their overall and league record. Loretto has been a run-first attack behind RB Caden Porter, who scored four touchdowns and finished with 205 yards in a 41-14 Week 4 win over visiting Wayne County. Mt. Pleasant 31, Loretto 27.

Cascade (4-0, 1-0) at Richland (1-2, 0-1): After a bit of a shocker last week, the host Raiders eye another against a physical Cascade squad that isn’t pretty but is effective behind QB Ryan Inmon. The Champions downed Huntland 28-17 in Week 4 -- their lone home game over a stretch of five, following wins at Mt. Pleasant and Cannon County, with a trip to Community looming next week. Richland thumped Hickman County 42-7 after a narrow Region 5-2A loss at Summertown in Week 3, as QB Bryce Miller and WR Ethan Workman hooked up for a 75-yard TD pass to highlight a 21-point opening period. Big plays may be necessary again to offset Cascade’s grind-it-out offensive approach. Cascade 20, Richland 14.

1 hour ago, Overland said:

Summertown 21, Forrest 16.

Summertown lost to a BAD LC team, and beat the two worst teams in 2A.

Forrest beat Eagleville, Loretto, and Moore Co, all of whom are better than Collinwood or Richland.

Forrest has a better defense (Giving up 27 to Collinwood, you could leave your defense on the sidelines and get the same result), and is playing at home.

It's a 50 mile road trip. They haven't played in Chapel Hill since 2017, and a not great Forrest team beat them 49-0. 

So why are you picking Summertown? They are gonna score 3 TDs on Forrest? I'm the least homer poster in the history of this board. But that pick is mindboggling.  

9 minutes ago, GeneralForrest said:

Summertown lost to a BAD LC team, and beat the two worst teams in 2A.

Forrest beat Eagleville, Loretto, and Moore Co, all of whom are better than Collinwood or Richland.

Forrest has a better defense (Giving up 27 to Collinwood, you could leave your defense on the sidelines and get the same result), and is playing at home.

It's a 50 mile road trip. They haven't played in Chapel Hill since 2017, and a not great Forrest team beat them 49-0. 

So why are you picking Summertown? They are gonna score 3 TDs on Forrest? I'm the least homer poster in the history of this board. But that pick is mindboggling.  

That is a terrible pick IMO. There is no way Summertown wins or scores 3 TDS against Forrest. If Forrest can get any production out of the offense they win by 2 or 3 scores. 

Mt. Pleasant will win big if they are healthy 28-7. To many good football players on that team to not out athlete Loretto.

Cascade should be more physical than Richland and I do not see them stopping the Inmon kid that has been playing lights out. Cascade should take the win by a couple scores.

23 minutes ago, anchordown10 said:

That is a terrible pick IMO. There is no way Summertown wins or scores 3 TDS against Forrest. If Forrest can get any production out of the offense they win by 2 or 3 scores. 

Mt. Pleasant will win big if they are healthy 28-7. To many good football players on that team to not out athlete Loretto.

Cascade should be more physical than Richland and I do not see them stopping the Inmon kid that has been playing lights out. Cascade should take the win by a couple scores.

all of these picks make much more sense 

Forrest up 17-7 at half.  Had the ball in Summertown territory 2 other times and got nothing. 3rd and 4th down calls Eli is back to his goofball self.  

#12 for the Eagles seems to have slipped arm wise so far.  He's still very dangerous with his legs.

Summertown receives 2md half kickoff. 

#24 for Summertown is an athlete. 

Forrest wins 33-7. Summertown seems to have some good players. They just made mistake after mistake. Fumbled kickoff, bad INT, blocked punt. Everything they could do wrong, they did. Forrest running game looked very good.

Let's get this Marion shellacking behind us and win the Region. After next week Cascade, Richland, MTP and East Rob are left. Hopefully no injuries this week.