2A Region 5 Preview

Overland

On 9/16/2021 at 12:06 PM, Overland said:

By MAURICE PATTON Main Street Maury

Summertown (2-1, 1-0) at Forrest (3-1, 1-0): Since losing to rival Lawrence County, the Eagles have posted victories over Richland and Collinwood, but the Rockets are tough at home. Forrest relies on its defense, having allowed just 30 total points thus far with recent wins over league foe Loretto and at Moore County. If they can clamp down on Summertown RB Javen Edmiston, it’ll go a long way in deciding this Region 5-2A matchup. Summertown 21, Forrest 16.

Nice work "Maurice"

I think the cream has rose to the top with Forrest and Cascade in the region. Forrest has been impressive the last couple weeks and Cascade has won but have been pushed. The match up in two weeks should be a great one and a great atmosphere. 

Mid season rankings:

1. Forrest

2. Cascade

3. Mt. Pleseant 

4. Summertown

5. Loretto

6. Richland

hope the second half of the season has been as fun as the first half. 

On 9/18/2021 at 6:39 AM, GeneralForrest said:

Forrest wins 33-7. Summertown seems to have some good players. They just made mistake after mistake. Fumbled kickoff, bad INT, blocked punt. Everything they could do wrong, they did. Forrest running game looked very good.

Let's get this Marion shellacking behind us and win the Region. After next week Cascade, Richland, MTP and East Rob are left. Hopefully no injuries this week. 

A few plays Summertown looked like the team that beat Lewis County in 2019. But many plays they looked like the team that lost to Community in 2020. Forrest defense was set up to take away the run especially the option and Summertown couldn't complete a few wide open passes in the first half that could have changed the game.

The Forrest winning theme continues. Solid defense. Good rushing attack from multiple backs. Passing game compliments the running game but we have to stop throwing up-for-grab balls under pressure. I would like to see the QB take off more. Penalties are going down. The 3rd and 4th down decisions on offense are going to hurt us in the playoffs. Two solid performances in a row. And just as the team is getting confidence and has a favorable schedule to go win the region we get a long trip to Marion County. I do not understand the scheduling decision to play a big physical team 2 hours away before what should be the region championship the following week. Dozens and dozens of better options to play within an hour drive. 

20 hours ago, anchordown10 said:

I think the cream has rose to the top with Forrest and Cascade in the region. Forrest has been impressive the last couple weeks and Cascade has won but have been pushed. The match up in two weeks should be a great one and a great atmosphere. 

Mid season rankings:

1. Forrest

2. Cascade

3. Mt. Pleseant 

4. Summertown

5. Loretto

6. Richland

hope the second half of the season has been as fun as the first half. 

Those rankings look good. I hope there's a big gap between 1 and 2 though. Cascade is having a great season and should be undefeated coming into the Forrest game. But they won one region game last year and had a losing overall record. They graduated most of their playmakers and only returned a handful of seniors. They beat Forrest last year but it was a game where we would have won the Raspberry Award for worst single game coaching in the entire state of TN in the 2020 season. If Forrest isn't 2+ TDs better then this region will have a quick playoff exit. Best win in 2021 for Cascade has been against a Mt Pleasant team that got run off the field by East Hickman. 

On 9/18/2021 at 6:42 AM, GeneralForrest said:

Nice work "Maurice"

Does he speak of the pompitus of love?

The region of parity is starting to get some clarity in their playoff seedings. Every team except Cascade has a tough non region game this week. Region championship will most likely be decided next week when Forrest visits Cascade. Forrest had the best showing of week 5. Richland lost another region heartbreaker to drop to 0-2. Mt. Pleasant continues to improve. 

Week 5 REGION GAMES

#1 Cascade (2-0) vs Community

#2 Forrest (2-0)  vs Marion County

#3 Mt. Pleasant (1-1)  vs Columbia Central

#4 Summertown (1-1)  OFF

#5 Loretto (0-2)  vs Lewis County

#6 Richland (0-2) vs FACS

17 hours ago, Salem said:

They beat Forrest last year but it was a game where we would have won the Raspberry Award for worst single game coaching in the entire state of TN in the 2020 season.

1. worst game coached in TSSAA history. 

2. worst game of eli's career

both are landmark achievements. hes coached a ton of bad games.

On 9/18/2021 at 6:42 AM, GeneralForrest said:

Nice work "Maurice"

Haha

That was a write up by a local sports editor. Not bad picking 2 out of 3 and he nailed the Cascade- Richland game. Forrest's defense and special teams or Summertown's offense and special teams however you look at it accounted for 14 points for Forrest. If the Summertown QB can make two passes their offense would have gotten close to 21 points. I know what the saying is about IFS though. 

I ended up watching Mt Pleasant and Loretto and was really impressed with MP. They are very athletic as always, but seem to be a lot more organized that in the past. They may only get better as the second half of the year start. Might even be the shocker of the playoffs. Oh and Lorretto looked pretty good as well just didn't have enough in the tank for MP. 

55 minutes ago, Tata said:

I ended up watching Mt Pleasant and Loretto and was really impressed with MP. They are very athletic as always, but seem to be a lot more organized that in the past. They may only get better as the second half of the year start. Might even be the shocker of the playoffs. Oh and Lorretto looked pretty good as well just didn't have enough in the tank for MP. 

i thought both teams looked pretty bad. neither could finish drives or make plays when it was being handed to them. lots of missed opportunities. was frustrating. par for the course for R5 which might be the worst region in any class in the entire state