Mike Skidmore LOD

bounder

Sad news must travel slowly as LOD .. Mike Skidmore passed away. LOD was a big supporter and critic of Riverdale football. And he has been known to voice his opinion on some other schools or topics. I met him at a playoff game years ago between Oak Ridge and Riverdale, I was doing a rib dinner fundraiser for the boosters and he had some thus the reference about my ribs all these years.

He was a good friend and I'm gonna miss him .... Goodby Old Friend!

Glad you started this thread, @bounder!   He was very popular on these boards and yes, very opinionated.   I think that was one reason I respected him so much.  He was gonna tell it like it was.   Riverdale lost one of their biggest supporters, but heaven gained a great football fan, excellent father, and good overall individual.   RIP LOD!

LOD was a lot of things to a lot of people.  It has been said that a mans passing often brings out a lot about how he lived. LOD was more than any thread will ever capture, any Riverdale debate, or commentary of the goings on here in Rutherford county.... Yes he was a husband, a father and a Riverdale fan to the bone... but above all he was a highly favored child of God.  Love you brother, rest well, you ran one heck of a race!

Edited by Blaze45
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Blaze45 said:

LOD was a lot of things to a lot of people.  It has been said that a mans passing often brings out a lot about how he lived. LOD was more than any thread will ever capture, any Riverdale debate, or commentary of the goings on here in Rutherford county.... Yes he was a husband, a father and a Riverdale fan to the bone... but above all he was a highly favored child of God.  Love you brother, rest well, you ran one heck of a race!

Well said.  LOD will definitely be missed by all of us.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...