District 7-AAA 2021-22

repoman

On 11/9/2021 at 9:51 PM, repoman said:

Upperman is not loaded like the past 5 yrs or so, they are solid ,along with CChs and Livingston.  I like Cchs size and length,Look for Livingston to make a move back toward the top, I think Wchs has slight edge and Dekalb is not going to be an easy out. Macon and Stone are in rebuilding phase. Tough tough district ..

You are correct on macon in the rebuilding stage. They are going to struggle the next couple of years but after that macon will be right back on top for about four more years. The talent is there in grade school and the freshmen. So everybody better get'm while they can cause it's coming.

On 6/11/2021 at 6:49 AM, repoman said:

1.White County

2. Cumberland County 

3.Livingston Academy 

4.Dekalb, Upperman 

6. Stone, Macon

Top 5 will be competitive as usual, like always will come down to development and coaching at the end.

I can asure you upperman want be 4th or 5th. i'd say more like 1 or 2

but i can pretty much asure you got macon and stone correct.

1. upperman

2. white county

3.cumberland

4.L.A.

5.DEKALB

6.stone

7.Macon

17 hours ago, LadyCavsFan said:

No I haven’t forgotten……

Cookeville vs White County Friday night.   HUGE game in the UC and a measuring stick that I am sure both teams are looking forward to.   If you haven’t been to a Cookeville vs “little ole” White County game then you are missing the best atmosphere of any game in the UC IMO.  

Now to the game.  Both teams are undefeated with matching 5-0 records  so someone is going home unhappy.  Cookeville started slow this season but is playing very well entering this game with wins over some good teams.   As usual we really don’t know how well WC is playing other than they are curb stomping the cupcakes that are being put in front of them.  That hasn’t worked well for them in the past and I think they will learn that lesson again Friday night.   Gallagher (21 ppg) vs Powers (19 ppg) will be a battle worth the price of admission.  And foul trouble could come into play with the physical way these teams play. Graves vs Stiles/Reed will be another good matchup.  But I give the Cavs the advantage with more weapons and scoring in their guard play.  Lady Cavs are looking to make it 6-2 over the last 8 vs WC on Friday and I expect a good game but I think the Cavs pull away late and win by double digits.   67-52  Cavs.   #BEATSPARTA 

The last 10 games is 6-4 in favor of the Warriorettes. 

23 hours ago, mofojoe said:

I can asure you upperman want be 4th or 5th. i'd say more like 1 or 2

but i can pretty much asure you got macon and stone correct.

1. upperman

2. white county

3.cumberland

4.L.A.

5.DEKALB

6.stone

7.Macon

Cumberland is way overrated!

They have one very good player 2 good role players and no depth. Plus they’re on their 3rd coach in 3 seasons. 

Lady Cavs win 62-56 in a hard fought game over WC.   Cookeville lead by 12-13 in the 3rd but went ice cold and couldn’t make a bucket.   WC pounded the ball inside and crashed the boards all night and cut the lead.    Lady Cavs had some really bad turnovers and bad shots that gave WC the ball back with less than 10 seconds.  Stiles makes a big time move and shot to tie game with a few seconds left on the clock.   In OT the Lady Cavs made huge shots when it counted and ended the game with defensive stops when game was on the line.  WC posts players are the real deal but they are going to have to get some shots from their guards.  0-13 from 3 is going to lose most games.  Reed played an amazing game.    It doesn’t get any easier for Cookeville as they face York on Tuesday.  

45 minutes ago, 90warrior said:

If white co hits their foul shots they win easily. If reed doesnt get in foul trouble they win easily. White co is very young and will improve as the season goes on which is scary. Congrats to cookeville. 

I thought Reed was dominating the paint in the first half.  And knocking down jumpers. Early foul trouble did hurt her momentum but she played amazing.   I expected Stiles and Powers to have a good game but Reed did surprise me with how well she played.  Cookeville had players in foul trouble because of the constant pounding it inside and offensive rebounding which led to their comeback.  They are a good team as I said earlier this week. Great rivalry.  Looking forward to round 2 on Jan 7.

3 hours ago, 90warrior said:

If white co hits their foul shots they win easily. If reed doesnt get in foul trouble they win easily. White co is very young and will improve as the season goes on which is scary. Congrats to cookeville. 

Anyone know White County shootin percentage, Like maybe 15 percent?(being generous )Anyways for that game to go to overtime, I know it goes down as a "W" for the Cavs ,but undisciplined shots etc killed Cookeville from slamming the door.. anyways Sparta goin forward prepare for match up zones and zone defenses, until they can prove differently. 

• Like 1