District 7-AAA 2021-22

repoman

No I haven’t forgotten……

Cookeville vs White County Friday night.   HUGE game in the UC and a measuring stick that I am sure both teams are looking forward to.   If you haven’t been to a Cookeville vs “little ole” White County game then you are missing the best atmosphere of any game in the UC IMO.  

Now to the game.  Both teams are undefeated with matching 5-0 records  so someone is going home unhappy.  Cookeville started slow this season but is playing very well entering this game with wins over some good teams.   As usual we really don’t know how well WC is playing other than they are curb stomping the cupcakes that are being put in front of them.  That hasn’t worked well for them in the past and I think they will learn that lesson again Friday night.   Gallagher (21 ppg) vs Powers (19 ppg) will be a battle worth the price of admission.  And foul trouble could come into play with the physical way these teams play. Graves vs Stiles/Reed will be another good matchup.  But I give the Cavs the advantage with more weapons and scoring in their guard play.  Lady Cavs are looking to make it 6-2 over the last 8 vs WC on Friday and I expect a good game but I think the Cavs pull away late and win by double digits.   67-52  Cavs.   #BEATSPARTA 

45 minutes ago, LadyCavsFan said:

No I haven’t forgotten……

Cookeville vs White County Friday night.   HUGE game in the UC and a measuring stick that I am sure both teams are looking forward to.   If you haven’t been to a Cookeville vs “little ole” White County game then you are missing the best atmosphere of any game in the UC IMO.  

Now to the game.  Both teams are undefeated with matching 5-0 records  so someone is going home unhappy.  Cookeville started slow this season but is playing very well entering this game with wins over some good teams.   As usual we really don’t know how well WC is playing other than they are curb stomping the cupcakes that are being put in front of them.  That hasn’t worked well for them in the past and I think they will learn that lesson again Friday night.   Gallagher (21 ppg) vs Powers (19 ppg) will be a battle worth the price of admission.  And foul trouble could come into play with the physical way these teams play. Graves vs Stiles/Reed will be another good matchup.  But I give the Cavs the advantage with more weapons and scoring in their guard play.  Lady Cavs are looking to make it 6-2 over the last 8 vs WC on Friday and I expect a good game but I think the Cavs pull away late and win by double digits.   67-52  Cavs.   #BEATSPARTA 

This is hilarious and you are on drugs if you think cook will beat sparta by 15 at sparta. Not gonna happen. Cook has to get a rebound first somehow with all those huge girls sparta has. 

Edited by 90warrior

31 minutes ago, 90warrior said:

This is hilarious and you are on drugs if you think cook will beat sparta by 15 at sparta. Not gonna happen. Cook has to get a rebound first somehow with all those huge girls sparta has. 

Cookeville posts are practically the same size as Sparta….just saying.  I believe Cookeville will out rebound WC just like they did in both games last year.  TBH I went to 15 because I think WC will have to foul late and Cookeville is shooting close to 80% from the FT line this season (Gallagher 94%).    Could be closer to 10….but I like 15 better.  :-D

and they won by 17 last year at Sparta but who’s counting…

Edited by LadyCavsFan

1 hour ago, LadyCavsFan said:

No I haven’t forgotten……

Thank you. Your posts usually make me laugh. Your hatred and JEALOUSY of little ole Sparta(we are little compared to Cookeville) is evident. I LOVE it. Haha. Saying Cookeville being 6-2 over us lately is like Vanderbilt bragging about beating Tennessee in football 5 of the last 9 years. If you look at the ENTIRE history White County has DOMINATED Cookeville. You know it. I know it. Friday should be a pretty good game. I wish i could be there. Go Warriorettes!!!

10 minutes ago, LadyCavsFan said:

Cookeville posts are practically the same size as Sparta….just saying.  I believe Cookeville will out rebound WC just like they did in both games last year.  TBH I went to 15 because I think WC will have to foul late and Cookeville is shooting close to 80% from the FT line this season (Gallagher 94%).    Could be closer to 10….but I like 15 better.  :-D

and they won by 17 last year at Sparta but who’s counting…

If you gonna get us better get us this year. White co wont lose a game next year. Yes i said it. And ive called it before.  

19 minutes ago, 85warrior said:

Thank you. Your posts usually make me laugh. Your hatred and JEALOUSY of little ole Sparta(we are little compared to Cookeville) is evident. I LOVE it. Haha. Saying Cookeville being 6-2 over us lately is like Vanderbilt bragging about beating Tennessee in football 5 of the last 9 years. If you look at the ENTIRE history White County has DOMINATED Cookeville. You know it. I know it. Friday should be a pretty good game. I wish i could be there. Go Warriorettes!!!

I knew you would like that part.  :lol:  And I figured you would say something just like that…. So I was ready and saved this link for you.  Here is the last 20 years of this series.   And  I will save you some time, Cookeville is winning the series 30-23 in that time frame.   I lost my library card so I couldn't go back any further.  Good day sir.

https://www.coacht.com/tennessee/inside/game.cfm?eventid=697527

2 minutes ago, LadyCavsFan said:

I knew you would like that part.  :lol:  And I figured you would say something just like that…. So I was ready and saved this link for you.  Here is the last 20 years of this series.   And  I will save you some time, Cookeville is winning the series 30-23 in that time frame.   I lost my library card so I couldn't go back any further.  Good day sir.

https://www.coacht.com/tennessee/inside/game.cfm?eventid=697527

We rolled off at least 20 in a row from the late 80's until the late 90's so theres that. Not counting the domination of people like coach Bill Slatten in the 50's and 60's. He won like 60 games in a row 3 different times and owned the STATE record for consecutive wins(70 or 80 in a row) until Bradley beat it in the 70's. So you know we dominated then too. I wish Pistol was still with us. She would have alll the numbers. Not bad for a school less than half the size of Cookeville. 

It don’t count when they used peach baskets or could only play on one side of the court!  :grin:  All joking aside I remember the years when they had #1 team in nation back in the old USA Today poll.  I think it was when KJ was there.  Never said they weren’t dominant in the past but not in the last 7 games or the last 20 years.  Cookeville is making a run right now and it’s going to last a while based on what’s coming in the pipeline.  

18 minutes ago, LadyCavsFan said:

It don’t count when they used peach baskets or could only play on one side of the court!  :grin:  All joking aside I remember the years when they had #1 team in nation back in the old USA Today poll.  I think it was when KJ was there.  Never said they weren’t dominant in the past but not in the last 7 games or the last 20 years.  Cookeville is making a run right now and it’s going to last a while based on what’s coming in the pipeline.  

Correct. It was Kellie's Junior year(93-94) when we were ranked #1 for several weeks. I still have a copy of that newspaper. She tore her acl in a scrimmage against Macon Co. just before her senior season(94-95) started. She had approximately 45 points at the end of the game, but unfortunately they talked us into playing one more quarter. That's when she tore it. I was there at the scrimmage that day. She was back on the court amazingly very late that same season.