2021 AAA Discussion

Rockstar89

• 2 weeks later...

Regarding the five team District 11 tournament format, will the #4 and #5 seeds (Franklin or Centennial)  play an elimination match with the winner taking on Ravenwood in one semifinal and Brentwood vs NOLO in the other semifinal? 

Brentwood graduated three all-State players (OH, Middle and Libero) from their last two State Championship teams and all are playing significant time for their college teams.

Brentwood has been inconsistent lately so their semifinal with NOLO s/b a great match.

Edited by Apostle
Spacing

2 hours ago, Rockstar89 said:

BIG game tonight. Brentwood vs. Nolensville. Loser is done for the year. Anyone going? I am hoping to. If not, will definitely be watching on NFHS. 

Daughter and I are about to leave to head down.  We are excited to see a high level volleyball game.

3 hours ago, Itsme12 said:

Daughter and I are about to leave to head down.  We are excited to see a high level volleyball game.

Well that was a crazy game. Never thought in a million years that Brentwood would get swept on their home court in a high pressure game like this. After they lost the 2nd set I told my daughter just watch they are gonna come out with passion and fire. Instead, they got down 0-4 and I was like IT’S OVER! CONGRATS to Nolensville who was indeed the better team tonight. 

12 hours ago, Rockstar89 said:

Well that was a crazy game. Never thought in a million years that Brentwood would get swept on their home court in a high pressure game like this. After they lost the 2nd set I told my daughter just watch they are gonna come out with passion and fire. Instead, they got down 0-4 and I was like IT’S OVER! CONGRATS to Nolensville who was indeed the better team tonight. 

We thought the exact same thing.  Brentwood was a upper level outside hitter away from being very, very good.  She doesn't have to be dominant. 

Nolensville played a great game and should match up well with any team that they play here on out.  I was really impressed with Knox, the right side hitter on their team.  She had a couple of hits that were high level college type of hits.

3 hours ago, Itsme12 said:

We thought the exact same thing.  Brentwood was a upper level outside hitter away from being very, very good.  She doesn't have to be dominant. 

Nolensville played a great game and should match up well with any team that they play here on out.  I was really impressed with Knox, the right side hitter on their team.  She had a couple of hits that were high level college type of hits.

Knox is a BOSS! And only a freshman. D-1 potential there in my opinion. Only downside is her height for that level. But man, she can hit!!!

Brentwood made more mistakes than I have seen a Brentwood team make in a LONG time. Especially in serve receive. I think Nolensville could go all the way from here. Doesn't mean they won't be tested. Tonight vs. Ravenwood being the first!

Edited by Rockstar89