2021 Single A Discussion

Rockstar89

23 hours ago, Rockstar89 said:

Everyone knew this was gonna be a marquee matchup. I actually thought Camden would have won. They have great coaching and I thought they would find a way to win. Kudos to HC for pulling it out. Terrible call at the end of that match though. Camden ball clearly in that would have extended the set, but hey...what are you gonna do? They miss them sometimes. District & Region tournaments are gonna be insane this year. 

Didn't get to see the play but Camden blow it in my opinion. There were other calls that shouldn't have went Hickmans way in the first two sets but didn't. Camden had two other games to end it but couldn't.  Looked like they thought Hickman was going to hand them the win after going up 2-0.

Edited by Bulldogfan24

8 hours ago, Jaychapman said:

Summertown been in tournaments w most big name schools here and held their own  / be interesting if get matched w Camden or Hickman somewhere down the line 

Summertown will get the runner up in Region 5-A in state sectionals which will be either Camden, Harpeth or Hickman County. Throw out the records for the Region tourney as all three teams are pretty evenly matched. It’s gonna be whoever shows up that night. That tourney is probably gonna be in Camden which is a huge bonus for the Lions in their first year in the Region. It is a HAUL for both Harpeth and Hickman Co and will be tough to get fans to travel. So my guess is that you will get….I don’t know. It’s too close to count right now. 

10 hours ago, TeeterTot2 said:

Big weekend coming up in Franklin with the Border Battle tournament (Link to brackets below).  The two power pools are LOADED.  I saw Hickman, Camden, and Summertown will be there.  Any predictions on their performances?

https://results.advancedeventsystems.com/event/MjAyMV9Cb3JkZXJfQmF0dGxl0/divisions/-50007/overview

Will be interesting to see how Summertown stacks up with Ravenwood. They are the team to beat in single A and would love to see them put a lick lick on a Wilco team if possible.

I don’t know that Hickman or Camden will have much luck against some of these schools, although their pools seem a little softer. I wonder if the Power pools play their own tourney after pool play or if it is all mixed? Regardless, looks like a fun weekend and will be watching results!

12 hours ago, Rockstar89 said:

Summertown will get the runner up in Region 5-A in state sectionals which will be either Camden, Harpeth or Hickman County. Throw out the records for the Region tourney as all three teams are pretty evenly matched. It’s gonna be whoever shows up that night. That tourney is probably gonna be in Camden which is a huge bonus for the Lions in their first year in the Region. It is a HAUL for both Harpeth and Hickman Co and will be tough to get fans to travel. So my guess is that you will get….I don’t know. It’s too close to count right now. 

Why do you think the tournament will be in Camden? 

14 hours ago, Rockstar89 said:

I don’t know that Hickman or Camden will have much luck against some of these schools, although their pools seem a little softer. I wonder if the Power pools play their own tourney after pool play or if it is all mixed? Regardless, looks like a fun weekend and will be watching results!

Power Pool teams get are still in gold contention after the first round no matter their record.  The reseeding will happen after the cross over games.  After that, last team standing on Saturday is the Champion.

14 hours ago, Rockstar89 said:

Will be interesting to see how Summertown stacks up with Ravenwood. They are the team to beat in single A and would love to see them put a lick lick on a Wilco team if possible.

I don’t know that Hickman or Camden will have much luck against some of these schools, although their pools seem a little softer.

Interesting that you say that because if you go by the way they are seeded this weekend, Hickman and Camden are both higher seeds than Summertown.