2021 Single A Discussion

Rockstar89

On 10/6/2021 at 1:09 PM, Rockstar89 said:

Jay - Camden lost last night in the District championship to Jo Byrns. The second time they lost to them this season. They have a 6'2 middle signed to Trevecca that apparently gave them fits. So the Region 5A tourney will be:

Jo Byrns vs. Harpeth

and

Camden vs. Hickman County 

Harpeth and Jo Byrns havent played this year, but they have played the last several years in Region with Harpeth coming out on top. Camden and Hickman County split this season. Will be an interesting tourney! Sounds like regardless, S'Town and Loretto are no doubt ready to battle whoever makes it out of that region. 

Camden in sectional and got one game punchers chance against Loretto as does Harpreth against Summertown 

Camden takes set one over Loretto 25-22 then takes set two 25-23. Lady Mustangs take set 3, 25-20. Loretto takes set 4, 25-14. We’re all even. 

Loretto completes the comeback taking the tiebreaker 15-12. Lady Mustangs moving back to the state tourney. 

Edited by 1MustangFan
Updated score.

Our first single A  win of the day goes to South Greene. I can name 5 JV teams off the top of my head that could beat Halls. They didn't get into double digits in two sets and in the last set they only scored 4. Broken record I know, but we have to find a way to get the 8 best teams in the state to this tournament. That said, even though South Greene didn't have to work too hard, they look like a sound team. Good little OH. Will look forward to seeing them against better competition. 

Edited by Rockstar89