UC Welcomes LC to Tornado Alley Game 1

BigSwoShow

1 hour ago, shockernation said:

Wish there was some positives to take away from last night…I have none! Disappointment is the only word! Good luck to UC.  LC better get to work or Central will put an L on us. Week 3 we need to quarantine! I guess it was a good game to some but for me I’d rather watch paint dry…boring game atmosphere was not exciting! Embarrassing 

1 hour ago, shockernation said:

Wish there was some positives to take away from last night…I have none! Disappointment is the only word! Good luck to UC.  LC better get to work or Central will put an L on us. Week 3 we need to quarantine! I guess it was a good game to some but for me I’d rather watch paint dry…boring game atmosphere was not exciting! Embarrassing 

I been thinking the same thing.Move on to Central but for sure quarantine week 3.

53 minutes ago, TipToe421 said:

Coach Quinn said on Coach's Corner this morning via phone that they had the defensive game plan in place but the players failed to execute the plan. He said they got "bored" with assignments and didn't stay on their individual assignments. He said due to quarantine our 5 lineman played both ways for 4 qtrs. He praised the QB play and effort. He said the refs were "picky" calling in the 1st half . He said he will address things on Monday and get ready for OCCHS.

I heard him.He should question a lot of things he didn't do as well as other coaching adjustments.Stevie Wonder could see U.C playing 10 yards off receiver in first half.

Let’s move on to Central…last night was bothersome! If we play like we did last night “undisciplined” then we will start 1-4! We have the talent and our line has to get mean! QB is a stud! Bobby Mays was the brightest spot on the field…he and QB Ceaser! Dada Mimi Tink and Mali did not have a good game IMO. The nickname gang need to step up and lead this team! Congrats to UC and Swo! Putting this one to bed…on to Central 

3 minutes ago, shockernation said:

Let’s move on to Central…last night was bothersome! If we play like we did last night “undisciplined” then we will start 1-4! We have the talent and our line has to get mean! QB is a stud! Bobby Mays was the brightest spot on the field…he and QB Ceaser! Dada Mimi Tink and Mali did not have a good game IMO. The nickname gang need to step up and lead this team! Congrats to UC and Swo! Putting this one to bed…on to Central 

New thread already started. Next up....

12 hours ago, BigSwoShow said:

Hey guys. I was not impressed with either team tonight. I didn’t say anything before the game because I never disclose any information about injuries or player situations on the T. The line that I have been talking about since I started this thread has suffered a huge setback. Two of our senior linemen were out tonight. One is lost for the season when he was injured during the jamboree last week. The other was held out tonight and could be back next week but that’s not for certain. We just didn’t look good. How much of a difference could those two guys could have made? I don’t know but I can tell you that we just didn’t look the same without them. Overall I am just happy that we came away with the win. It was ugly but I’ll take. On a better note, it was my pleasure to meet Shocker tonight and to sit and watch the game with PeabodyPride. Good luck to LC the rest of the season. My Tornadoes have a long way to go 

Swo, just wanted to congratulate you on the UC win last night. I will hold my tongue on what I really thought about the game. You are a class act. Good luck the rest of the year.

Alright boys, I think this thread needs a little estrogen thrown in with all of these declining testosterone levels. I admit that I don't know much about football. But let me tell you all what I saw Friday night. I saw a young team on a wet field with a wet ball and questionable officiating give it everything they had. I saw this team never give up. I saw many of the young men playing both offense and defense. I saw them give heart and soul to their brothers and their community. And on Saturday, I saw multiple of their social media posts promising to work harder and get better. On Monday, I will see this same team hit the practice field to work on righting their wrongs and to get better at the sport that they love. I will see their coaches hit the field with them instead of heading home to take a nap after work. I will see these coaches not only teaching these boys about football but also about becoming good men. And on Friday when this team takes the field, they will see a Proud Football Momma in the stands cheering on the good the bad and the ugly. Its easy to be a Saturday morning quarterback behind an anonymous name. Its much harder as a teenager to hit the field every Friday night after reading negative comments from a bunch of aging men that are trying to relive their glory days. See you guys on Friday.