DII-A

Kublah

13 minutes ago, Playerscoach said:

Man this playoff picture is sort of muddied from what Reitz is saying. Best of luck to all the kids and coaches. 

It's probably not as muddied as I make it sound. I always try and look at every conceivable angle, and I always end up worrying about each and every one of them. The east is the most difficult, the middle is very cut and dry and the West has a couple of twists and turns, most which are not likely to happen

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ReitzFan said:

That is correct, but in our case it ends up costing us in the long run. We had to take a covid loss early in the season against a region opponent. We wanted to reschedule that game. We found a week in which both of our teams had non-region games. The proposal was to have both teams dropped the non-region opponents and play the region contest. The other team refused. Meanwhile, in another region the same scenario happened and the two teams decided

to drop non-region opponents and make up the region game. It was the right thing to do. 

Now, if one particular scenario happens we would be a five seed instead of a 3 seed. The scenario I'm pointing out most likely will not happen, but it should not even be a possibility of happening my rule. As long as we're going to have covid rules on our Sports, we need to tweak the rules and make things more equitable. Jmo

Hope you are well my friend. Should you guys win on Friday, and should things work out the way they should in our region, we would be coming to play you guys first week of the playoffs. Best wishes to you.

Safe to say that starting next year, Covid games should be a plain forfeit. Not going to get into the vaccine debate, but there is a vaccine. Surely and hopefully in 2022, we won’t have to see a game being cancelled due to Covid.

I still do not understand.  Even if Trinity loses to FACS, he has Fayette ahead of you even if they lose to Jackson.  At that point Trinity would be 2-3 in the region and Fayette would be 2-4.  How does that work?  The only explanation is that the stated TSSAA policy that " if a team has to cancel due to Covid , then they do not have a region loss, but the opposing team has a region win" is not accurate. 

2 hours ago, CABacker said:

I still do not understand.  Even if Trinity loses to FACS, he has Fayette ahead of you even if they lose to Jackson.  At that point Trinity would be 2-3 in the region and Fayette would be 2-4.  How does that work?  The only explanation is that the stated TSSAA policy that " if a team has to cancel due to Covid , then they do not have a region loss, but the opposing team has a region win" is not accurate. 

Fayette Academy was the team that we had to covid forfeit to earlier in the season. Thus, it's a win for them. We would have the same number of wins as them and they are basing the tiebreaker off of that because of the head-to-head forfeit win. My whole argument is to use the percentages ie 2-3 is a better winning percentage than 2-4. Sadly, that's not how Murfreesboro looks at things. My school could very much potentially end up paying will I call the covid tax

4 hours ago, CABacker said:

It did work out, Reitz!!  Safe travels to you next Friday.  I will see you there !!  I will bring some of my wife’s cooking over instead of that concession junk!

My email is sgerard6962@gmail.com. send me a note sometime Saturday and I will email you my cell phone number. Would like to ask a couple of questions to you about the setup over at Columbia Academy. Hope all is well. It's 3:30 a.m. and I am finally winding down

6 hours ago, ReitzFan said:

My email is sgerard6962@gmail.com. send me a note sometime Saturday and I will email you my cell phone number. Would like to ask a couple of questions to you about the setup over at Columbia Academy. Hope all is well. It's 3:30 a.m. and I am finally winding down

They have a real nice stadium and facilities. Probably the best in Div2A. They have concessions and bathrooms on both sides of the stadium. Similar to Knox Webb on the home sideline but CA has bleachers and facilities across the field for visitors. It’s a great environment.

11 hours ago, Booger said:

TKA may hurt some of you D2-A believers feelins....it aint all bad in the east

Booger just sayin:eek:

They should win this coming week with Franklin Grace, the following week will be the test against USJ. I agree that the East has improved a lot as the season has progressed. You can see it with our kids, getting a grasp of the new offense, along with some changes on D since halftime at the Franklin Grace game.

1 hour ago, Playerscoach said:

They have a real nice stadium and facilities. Probably the best in Div2A. They have concessions and bathrooms on both sides of the stadium. Similar to Knox Webb on the home sideline but CA has bleachers and facilities across the field for visitors. It’s a great environment.

I will second PC's post. We play them every year in the elementary duck river league. It is a cool set up that you will not forget. Wish we had them on a regular season basis.