Meadows        4 yrs.    25-20       .555

Phelps             1 yrs.      5-6         .455

Reid                 1 yrs.      5-6         .455

McMahan       3 yrs.    20-15       .571

Fickert            3 yrs.    13-28        .317

Gordon          7 yrs.    21-50        .296

White             9 yrs.    31-60        .341

Team            42 yrs.  155-284     .353

When you look at this I can see why WB went the course they did this year. The Clinton and WB game should be a good ballgame and a lot more interesting to see then a blowout against Maryville. 

• Like 1

On 8/16/2021 at 5:22 PM, 92Dragon said:

What type of offense and defense does WB like to run? Who are their playmakers? I think I read somewhere that WB has a really good WR? 

WB has several really good receivers and a pretty good qb who is also able to keep it and get some yardage on the ground. We're usually more of a passing team and we tend to be sloppy (that has been the case for over a decade). We like to turn the ball over and kill ourselves with penalties. I thought we did a better job of not doing those things in 2019, but we took a step back last year. I'm hoping a big part of that was the reduced number of practices due to COVID-19.  I think most teams had more issues last year for the same reason.

The Govs improved the coaching staff in the offseason. I can't think of the names off the top of my head, but we got a new defensive coordinator from South Doyle that a lot of people think highly of. I have heard the defense was already looking better in the scrimmages and in the jamboree. If the defense is halfway decent this year (we've been atrocious on defense more often than not this decade) we have a chance to be pretty good.

The running back spot is the big question mark for me. We've struggled to run the ball consistently and it sounds like we had an issue holding on to the football in the Bearden scrimmage. I know we have a really athletic incoming freshman who is going to play some running back. I heard he looked really good in the JV scrimmage and scored several touchdowns. It sounds like he should be playing on varsity in my opinion. I'm guessing we'll see him playing on Friday nights at some point this season, but I'm not sure if they'll turn him loose this week. 

Edited by TheGreatWallofAlnwick

1 hour ago, TheGreatWallofAlnwick said:

WB has several really good receivers and a pretty good qb who is also able to keep it and get some yardage on the ground. We're usually more of a passing team and we tend to be sloppy (that has been the case for over a decade). We like to turn the ball over and kill ourselves with penalties. I thought we did a better job of not doing those things in 2019, but we took a step back last year. I'm hoping a big part of that was the reduced number of practices due to COVID-19.  I think most teams had more issues last year for the same reason.

The Govs improved the coaching staff in the offseason. I can't think of the names off the top of my head, but we got a new defensive coordinator from South Doyle that a lot of people think highly of. I have heard the defense was already looking better in the scrimmages and in the jamboree. If the defense is halfway decent this year (we've been atrocious on defense more often than not this decade) we have a chance to be pretty good.

The running back spot is the big question mark for me. We've struggled to run the ball consistently and it sounds like we had an issue holding on to the football in the Bearden scrimmage. I know we have a really athletic incoming freshman who is going to play some running back. I heard he looked really good in the JV scrimmage and scored several touchdowns. It sounds like he should be playing on varsity in my opinion. I'm guessing we'll see him playing on Friday nights at some point this season, but I'm not sure if they'll turn him loose this week. 

Thanks!  Sounds like Clinton is going to have their hands full. 

Clinton has been known as a passing team when Tyler Thackerson was QB and known as a rushing team under McKamey with his wing-t.

But this year's Clinton team is trying to be balanced on offense. The defense has been our weakness over the years as well, except when trying to run the wing-t.....we had trouble scoring those years and had a bad defense. 

I don't know what our final record will be, but from what I've seen so far, we will at least be competitive and hopefully surprise some people. 

Just 2 days away!! Can't wait!!