Meigs County @ The Kings Academy 8-27-21

Yeti

3 hours ago, Yeti said:

What was wrong with it previously? I mean if the kids were willing to sacrifice their presence in school and there wasn't anything negative about that what would be wrong with doing it again. 

It is all on the government office.  He is also the one that has over ridden the mask mandates.  I just feel like the virtual students also thin out the crowd at school as well.  Hopefully they will reconsider.   

2 hours ago, pujo said:

Problem is if kids are not at school, they are not gonna get educated. Most don't anyway but that home school junk makes sure of it. I'm afraid were just seeing the tip of the iceberg. Give it another week or 2. If these darn masks are as effective as they acted like they were, why not wear the things. I don't care for um but if they are gonna keep me safe and the people around me, what the heck. We've went about this like Idiots the whole time ,why change now. It don't seem like the higher powers wants to stop the spread.

I have three nephews that were homeschooled and they are very very bright kids so I'm not sure that I follow the homeschool kids don't get educated.  You get what you put into it. 

4 hours ago, TheTruthPrevails said:

I have three nephews that were homeschooled and they are very very bright kids so I'm not sure that I follow the homeschool kids don't get educated.  You get what you put into it. 

Yeah I've got a Kid who has never made a B in his life, Made A's last year also but never had to learn a thing. Teachers were overwhelmed ,kids didn't understand what the heck to do. Yeah the one's with dedicated parents and good students tried, but at the end they were held to the same standards as the kids who didn't hit a lick. Most parents can't afford to stay home and be teachers and kids are not self motivated to do this on their own. My Eldest was in College and had a heck of a time also. Hope we don't ever have to go that route again, we could do masks and social distance and do fairly well, Never heard a story  about it harming anyone.  Thats the logical thing, Its a little uncomfortable but so are football helmets.  way we are doing this now is just a breeding ground and we will spread this like wild fire. Its all ignorant politics and they are playing with peoples lives. If these cats are this dumb, we need to start all over . We have to have a unified approach or this is gonna do exactly what its doing. Its so dumb and has been the whole time, it looks intentional. 

7 hours ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

The mask isn’t going to keep “you” safe.  It will only protect those around you if you have COVID so you “cannot” spread it to them.  Masks do help from spreading it as badly, but not help in contracting it.  It’s just odd to me that last year it was all adults and no children hardly getting it, but this new variant all of sudden appears and it has mostly affect kids until recent because now those kids’ parents have come down with it. I do believe the vaccine protects you like the flu vaccine does.  You may still get it but it’s not as rough on you.  Just do everything and I mean everything possible to stay clean and do your part and hopefully it will die down again.  JMO

Possibly the most sensible post on the subject I’ve saw in a very long time. 

12 hours ago, PeabodyPride said:

Spot on Yeti !!!!! They are willing to give up socializing with their friends and all the awesome stuff on campus that comes with sports,especially the seniors ! Best thing I remember being the big fellas on campus my senior year !!! 

You were the “big” man on campus all your years in school. Me too. Lol. 

16 hours ago, Yeti said:

Meigs school system is shutting down until Monday. We have cancelled our game unfortunately.

As you mentioned, it's the entire Meigs school system - not just the high school. All of the Meigs Middle Schools sports have also been cancelled for the remainder of this week.

It has to do with the rise of numbers due to contract tracing, causing so many to have to quarantine at home.

1 minute ago, blitzinbuc said:

As you mentioned, it's the entire Meigs school system - not just the high school. All of the Meigs Middle Schools sports have also been cancelled for the remainder of this week.

It has to do with the rise of numbers due to contract tracing, causing so many to have to quarantine at home.

Could have been worse, could have been a region game this week. From what I had seen last year not every team was willing to make up a region game last year either and settled for the win and not a reschedule.

14 minutes ago, Yeti said:

Could have been worse, could have been a region game this week. From what I had seen last year not every team was willing to make up a region game last year either and settled for the win and not a reschedule.

I'm not clear on the rules in this situation.... will Meigs have to forfeit to Kings Academy, or do teams have an out for cancelling a game if the school system is closed? Also, do the same rules apply whether it's a non-region or region game?

I talked to QB Carroll and LB/RB Smith after Monday's practice and they were pumped and excited with the challenge to play at Kings.

42 minutes ago, blitzinbuc said:

I'm not clear on the rules in this situation.... will Meigs have to forfeit to Kings Academy, or do teams have an out for cancelling a game if the school system is closed? Also, do the same rules apply whether it's a non-region or region game?

I talked to QB Carroll and LB/RB Smith after Monday's practice and they were pumped and excited with the challenge to play at Kings.

The way I understand it they are required to try and reschedule. But not sure what the guidelines would be. I know some for whatever reason last year did not reschedule. And the other team had to take the loss in region play. Waverly vs Hickman last year was one such game if I'm not mistaken. Not sure exactly of the specifics.

25 minutes ago, highschoolfbfan777 said:

Teams who forfeit shouldn't get an out.In addition if the team forfeiting the game was supposed to travel then new year they have to travel to that school rather than have a home game

I guess an out is our kids not getting to play the game they love after many hard practices etc. We're not exactly dodging a team we would probably get beat by. People in power made the call. The rest of us have to abide.