Meigs County @ The Kings Academy 8-27-21

Yeti

20 minutes ago, TheTruthPrevails said:

I agree totally, how do we change it though?

What was wrong with it previously? I mean if the kids were willing to sacrifice their presence in school and there wasn't anything negative about that what would be wrong with doing it again. 

16 minutes ago, Yeti said:

What was wrong with it previously? I mean if the kids were willing to sacrifice their presence in school and there wasn't anything negative about that what would be wrong with doing it again. 

Spot on Yeti !!!!! They are willing to give up socializing with their friends and all the awesome stuff on campus that comes with sports,especially the seniors ! Best thing I remember being the big fellas on campus my senior year !!! 

Just now, PeabodyPride said:

Spot on Yeti !!!!! They are willing to give up socializing with their friends and all the awesome stuff on campus that comes with sports,especially the seniors ! Best thing I remember being the big fellas on campus my senior year !!! 

Exactly. It is definitely a sacrifice to do it, but the kids were willing and would do it again I'm sure if the choice was still there.

1 hour ago, Yeti said:

Problem is if kids are not at school, they are not gonna get educated. Most don't anyway but that home school junk makes sure of it. I'm afraid were just seeing the tip of the iceberg. Give it another week or 2. If these darn masks are as effective as they acted like they were, why not wear the things. I don't care for um but if they are gonna keep me safe and the people around me, what the heck. We've went about this like Idiots the whole time ,why change now. It don't seem like the higher powers wants to stop the spread.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, pujo said:

Problem is if kids are not at school, they are not gonna get educated. Most don't anyway but that home school junk makes sure of it. I'm afraid were just seeing the tip of the iceberg. Give it another week or 2. If these darn masks are as effective as they acted like they were, why not wear the things. I don't care for um but if they are gonna keep me safe and the people around me, what the heck. We've went about this like Idiots the whole time ,why change now. It don't seem like the higher powers wants to stop the spread.

The mask isn’t going to keep “you” safe.  It will only protect those around you if you have COVID so you “cannot” spread it to them.  Masks do help from spreading it as badly, but not help in contracting it.  It’s just odd to me that last year it was all adults and no children hardly getting it, but this new variant all of sudden appears and it has mostly affect kids until recent because now those kids’ parents have come down with it. I do believe the vaccine protects you like the flu vaccine does.  You may still get it but it’s not as rough on you.  Just do everything and I mean everything possible to stay clean and do your part and hopefully it will die down again.  JMO

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

The mask isn’t going to keep “you” safe.  It will only protect those around you if you have COVID so you “cannot” spread it to them.  Masks do help from spreading it as badly, but not help in contracting it.  It’s just odd to me that last year it was all adults and no children hardly getting it, but this new variant all of sudden appears and it has mostly affect kids until recent because now those kids’ parents have come down with it. I do believe the vaccine protects you like the flu vaccine does.  You may still get it but it’s not as rough on you.  Just do everything and I mean everything possible to stay clean and do your part and hopefully it will die down again.  JMO

Been a strange deal from day one, still never verified where it come from. Its bad junk  and we need to take every precaution. We need a United approach, way to much misinformation. 

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

Good post. I think alot of schools and work places are taking that mentality on it right now. Will only work if everyone done it at the same time though.