The 5 best coaches this year

JPATS5

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree Vol. Gen. that Trousdale would have been in 2A but due to the schools around TC being 3A they opted to go to 3A for economic reasons. Of course Lip & Goodpasture would have probably been in the region but they are on par year to year with the other privates and it has been our experience that TC would have better game attendance with Portland, Smith Co. and Macon Co. along with some other traditional oponents from the area. Trousdale is very low budget school system as are other small rural areas and no monies are given to the athletic dept. The facilities are the result of a hard working quarterback club in better days when the Tobacco Bowl drew capacity attendance and close management by Clint with the gate. The concessions go to the Jr. class for the following year as seniors. This is why the athletic dept is so concerned with attendance. One bad weather game at the wrong time will result in as much as a 25% or more decline in the season budget. Yes attendance is good at the playoff games but they barely break even at best. The only other income is the jamboree and it isn't real big with so much competition from the others.

Posted by dirtdauber:

I agree Vol. Gen. that Trousdale would have been in 2A but due to the schools around TC being 3A they opted to go to 3A for economic reasons. Of course Lip & Goodpasture would have probably been in the region but they are on par year to year with the other privates and it has been our experience that TC would have better game attendance with Portland, Smith Co. and Macon Co. along with some other traditional oponents from the area. Trousdale is very low budget school system as are other small rural areas and no monies are given to the athletic dept. The facilities are the result of a hard working quarterback club in better days when the Tobacco Bowl drew capacity attendance and close management by Clint with the gate. The concessions go to the Jr. class for the following year as seniors. This is why the athletic dept is so concerned with attendance. One bad weather game at the wrong time will result in as much as a 25% or more decline in the season budget. Yes attendance is good at the playoff games but they barely break even at best. The only other income is the jamboree and it isn't real big with so much competition from the others.

Hey dirtdauber...please go to the public/private board. I have started a thread in response to your comments. I didn`t want to post it here to avoid crossing the line and turning this into a p/p thread.

Thanks VG

This is an easy one. Without a shadow of doubt the 5 best coaches are the ones who one the state titles. I know a good team can do you good, but with a great coache he can do you no wrong. So all the coaches from 1A,2A,3A,4A,5A that won state championship this year are all the best coaches. ;)

Defintely Coach Gregory @ Centennial deserves some consideration. He turned perennial losers into a winning team. Took them to their best regular season and advanced them into the playoffs. But the best thing he did was make his team believe that can win. That will be huge for the program for years to come. Great job Coach G and the rest of the cougars! :)