The 5 best coaches this year

JPATS5

brucetonmarshall,

not only has Pratt taken Crockett to the semi's for the past two years...he has completely turned around a football program that was in the slums as far as the entire state was concerned...he inherited a team in '95 in the midst of a 23 game losing streak that did not end until the following season and has built a powerhouse in 3A football...also since Pratt arrived Crockett County built a new football complex in 1999 that is one of the nicest in west TN

1995: 0-10

1996: 2-8

1997: 9-3 2nd round

1998: 9-2 1st Round

1999: 7-5 2nd Round

2000: 10-2 2nd Round

2001: 12-3 State Runners-Up

2002: 13-1 Semi-Finals

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest FromTheBoro

I agree with David Alsup. This is Blackman's third season and look at them, they are playing like they have been around for a while. You have to admit, anyone who can build up a program that fast is a pretty good couch.

Guest FromTheBoro

I agree with David Alsup out at Blackman. That school has only been around for three years, and they are playing VERY well for a third year program. Any coach that can build a program that fast should get some recognition.

Obviously I'm biased since I play for him, but Tim Johnson took a 5-5 team that has been just decent for many years and took them to an 11-2 record in his first year. Both those losses were to Brentwood which is playing in the BlueCross Bowl this year. He also managed to beat some "decent" competition in a Blackman team that made it to the quarterfinals, an undefeated Gallatin team, and an always tough Dickson Co. team. If he weren't to get it, I'd have to give it to Ron Crawford from Brentwood who took a program that is normally good to the next level, the state championship.

Guest jrh3109

CLINT SATTERFIELD. Went from 1A voluntarily to 3A, in 2 years at 3A level has been to state semi-finals each year. He takes 20-25 kids EVERY year and makes winners out of them. ;)

[Edited by jrh3109 on 12-2-02 11:49P]