The 5 best coaches this year

JPATS5

I do think that the jets had a great year, but I don't think it was much on the coach's part. With the amount of seniors and the amount of talent on the team most coaches could have fielded a winner this year. With everyone they are losing, tell me next year if you still feel he is in the league of these other coaches being mentioned on this thread.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted by hokies931:

I am a graduate of Riverdale, yet I never was a big fan of Coach Rankin. I thought sometimes they were good cause of the talent he had. This year was different. He lost his defensive coordinator who had been there for years. He lost the state record holder in td's in Ralph King. He lost 10 starters on defense. Then after losing his first game of the year, he lost all-state performer Taron Henry for the year during the game. I don't care if people think, oh its Riverdale they always win, he should not be considered. This team is not as talented as past teams. He has lost many many talented players to with the opening of Blackman and by the looks of it many good ones. His coaching job this year has been unbelieveable, with play calls never seen before from Rankin. If he wins the state championship, I am sure the first one he won will always be special, but deep in his heart this will be the most r

Posted by

WarriorAlumni:

you don't have 2 be a fan of Rankin to consider him one of the best coaches this year. yo are contradicting yourself. All the reasons you listed why he shouldn't be considered are the exact reasons he should be considered. You right he did lose umpteen seniors, he did lose a 40+ touchdown running back, he did lose his star athlete in WR Taron Henry, but he and his team still rose to the challenge and made it to the championship game despite this being a quote unquote rebuilding year. Can't you see these are all the more reasons he should be considered. Stop drinking hatorade and open your eyes.

[Edited by WarriorAlumni on 1-9-03 2:06P]

I feel that the best coach in the State is none other than Clint Satterfield from Trousdale County. He usually only has 3 or 4 good players and always goes deep into the playoffs. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest david17

kyle stacye at forrest high school.

to go through something like that programe went through to learn in half time of a game that you lost a player tothe lord, and still come back out and win that ballgame and make the playoffs for the first time in 4 years. now just to get the kids prepared every week after that had to be hard. but some how he did it. my hat goes off to kyle and the rest of the coaching staff at forrest.