Cloudland vs Unaka

THE KING

With only 18 players,  you can't be over confident of a win week to week.  I know I rubbed the creekers a little bit last year after some posters thought it would be a competitive game.  I knew last year would be a beat down.  We got beat down by Hampton twice and johnson county which may have given some the false pretense that they were ready to topple the Landers.  Cloudland was in fact a decent football team last year.  Coach Potter took a little and got a lot out of it.   This year, we are a team of a few but head and shoulders better than last year.  Barring no injuries,  this team is a high probability of making round 3 which I believe will be coalbucket or greenback.  Looking at Unaka and the way they have performed in scrimmages and against north greene,  I don't think cloudland can afford to take the creekers lightly.  Its been a long time since I've witnessed a team on the creek that could execute an offense with very little mistakes and then pitch a shutout.  Now I understand that the opponent was north greene but unaka playing mistake free is a sign of solid coaching.  I think cland wins big in this game mosty due to the line play.  We are powerhouses in the interior line with a lot of quickness and it will be disruptive for the creekers.  On the other side of the ball the creekers are going to have to be able to defend a balanced offense.  No more 11 in the box to stop the running game.  Coach Zac is not scared to throw on first down.  It will be an interesting ball game and I respect how far the creekers have come with their football team.  Teams like Unaka, Jellico, and cosby would not struggle to have winning seasons if they can ever get some bigs to play like they need to play.  

I listen to the Unaka coach on the monsters.  Sounds like he has great attitude and approach to what he’s wanting to accomplish up there. Sounds like he gots some C. experience as well.  It would be good for their program to continue improve and be more competitive with the surrounding neighbors.  I don’t see Unaka beating the Highlanders but it would good for kids and community if they can make it interesting for 2 qtrs.  I wish both teams success and no injuries. 

C 38

U 14

14 hours ago, THE KING said:

With only 18 players,  you can't be over confident of a win week to week.  I know I rubbed the creekers a little bit last year after some posters thought it would be a competitive game.  I knew last year would be a beat down.  We got beat down by Hampton twice and johnson county which may have given some the false pretense that they were ready to topple the Landers.  Cloudland was in fact a decent football team last year.  Coach Potter took a little and got a lot out of it.   This year, we are a team of a few but head and shoulders better than last year.  Barring no injuries,  this team is a high probability of making round 3 which I believe will be coalbucket or greenback.  Looking at Unaka and the way they have performed in scrimmages and against north greene,  I don't think cloudland can afford to take the creekers lightly.  Its been a long time since I've witnessed a team on the creek that could execute an offense with very little mistakes and then pitch a shutout.  Now I understand that the opponent was north greene but unaka playing mistake free is a sign of solid coaching.  I think cland wins big in this game mosty due to the line play.  We are powerhouses in the interior line with a lot of quickness and it will be disruptive for the creekers.  On the other side of the ball the creekers are going to have to be able to defend a balanced offense.  No more 11 in the box to stop the running game.  Coach Zac is not scared to throw on first down.  It will be an interesting ball game and I respect how far the creekers have come with their football team.  Teams like Unaka, Jellico, and cosby would not struggle to have winning seasons if they can ever get some bigs to play like they need to play.  

Going to be a  Massacre