Hampton vs JC

Tootie

1 hour ago, crow said:

Probably true on the 75%. The virus has mutated since it the first outbreak over a year and a half ago. Very common for illnesses caused by the Corona virus family such as influenza and the common cold. This virus has been linked back to the Chinese lab with almost certainty. It is mutating as this family of viruses regularly does. The thing is as this type of virus and most viruses really, mutate they typically become less lethal. The common cold and the flu have been mutating almost annually for who knows how long now which is why their mortality rates are very low. The Covid outbreak is new, not as much time to mutate thus less time for mutation to decrease its potency by comparison. I dispute your 99.9997% recover figure. To date the mortality rate has been in the neighborhood of 2% of infected people. Now that may equal only 99.997% of the population as a whole but I don’t know, I have not done the math to factor in the entire population as that isn’t a relative number when discussing mortality. Your 75% of infected people being vaccinated may very well be true. The vaccine wasn’t developed for the most current mutation. Sort of like why a flu shot is needed annually. The virus is a little different than the last years version. I do know if the 75% number is accurate then it just proves the effective of the vaccine as mortality rates of vaccinated individuals is very close to 0%. There are some cases of vaccinated individuals dying but no sort of medical treatment or prevention is 100%. Just the thoughts and ramblings of this old hillbilly. Your mileage may vary. 

Two things are for sure covid sucks and so does Biden

• Like 2

10 hours ago, uknoit2 said:

I'll find the article and post it but read that two of the biggest breakouts going on reports 75% of sick were vaccinated. Still, 99.9997% recover from the virus  

Not sure where you get stats may be true but nationally 94% of all covid cases are unvaccinated cases. Also 99%of all hospitalizations are unvaccinated .001% of deaths are vaccinated whitch means 99.999% are unvacinated operation warp speed by Trump has saved a ton of lifes in my humble opinion

10 hours ago, uknoit2 said:

I'll find the article and post it but read that two of the biggest breakouts going on reports 75% of sick were vaccinated. Still, 99.9997% recover from the virus  

This is a very compasionate stastistic for the 3 kids at Happy Valley that have lost thier parents the RTI teacher that has a 1st grader and im sure it really comforts your players mom to know this. Also if you really want to see true stastics worldometer has world stats 2% of all cases that have had an outcome have died. Also2% of all cases in the Unted states that have had an outcome have died .The way you are using stats is of all people with the disease but many of those have neither died yet or recovered. But they will do one of the 2 outcomes and become stastistics. Think you should stick to coaching football and leave politics out of sports

4 hours ago, crow said:

Probably true on the 75%. The virus has mutated since it the first outbreak over a year and a half ago. Very common for illnesses caused by the Corona virus family such as influenza and the common cold. This virus has been linked back to the Chinese lab with almost certainty. It is mutating as this family of viruses regularly does. The thing is as this type of virus and most viruses really, mutate they typically become less lethal. The common cold and the flu have been mutating almost annually for who knows how long now which is why their mortality rates are very low. The Covid outbreak is new, not as much time to mutate thus less time for mutation to decrease its potency by comparison. I dispute your 99.9997% recover figure. To date the mortality rate has been in the neighborhood of 2% of infected people. Now that may equal only 99.997% of the population as a whole but I don’t know, I have not done the math to factor in the entire population as that isn’t a relative number when discussing mortality. Your 75% of infected people being vaccinated may very well be true. The vaccine wasn’t developed for the most current mutation. Sort of like why a flu shot is needed annually. The virus is a little different than the last years version. I do know if the 75% number is accurate then it just proves the effective of the vaccine as mortality rates of vaccinated individuals is very close to 0%. There are some cases of vaccinated individuals dying but no sort of medical treatment or prevention is 100%. Just the thoughts and ramblings of this old hillbilly. Your mileage may vary. 

Crow, the 99.99997% was a CDC number after removing those that actually passed from preexisting conditions. Either way, what's going around now seems to be a totally different animal. Question is: After this one, then what?

1 hour ago, allsportsmatter said:

ball health has 50 ventilators 49 are being used by unvaccinated patients 200 covid beds 188 are used by unvaccinated

Yep, you can certainly still get sick with a vaccination but you are certainly at a much lower likelihood to become severely ill or to die if vaccinated. That’s not info from republicans, democrats, CNN, FOX, CDC or The Pope. That’s information from nurses and doctors, and I mean actual front line healthcare workers, not my cousin Nancy that worked in a podiatrist office for 2 years 25 years ago and now works in dermatology’s opinion. These nurses and doctors along with EMS, respiratory therapist and the host of others are just tire of seeing so many people get so severely sick and so many deaths that a very large percentage just don’t have to keep happening. Of course some will always succumb to this illness just as many other illnesses that aren’t generally considered lethal take many lives every year. The takeaway is this beast can be and is being muzzled. 

17 minutes ago, uknoit2 said:

Crow, the 99.99997% was a CDC number after removing those that actually passed from preexisting conditions. Either way, what's going around now seems to be a totally different animal. Question is: After this one, then what?

Can’t answer the then what question. I’m assuming you mean what’s next as far as what will the government try to mandate next? I agree that is concerning and a slippery slope. If the what’s next is in regards to Covid then my expectation is that we will continue to see mutations every 8-16 months with each one becoming more easily transmitted but with less lethality. This is the typical path most viruses such as this take. There will likely be a Covid vaccine shot for the foreseeable future but I do expect it to be included in the influenza vaccine very soon much the way H1N1 (swine flu remember that one) was combined with influenza in 2009 and for all I know may still be in there to date. The bright spot is if you trend Covid cases globally since January of 2020 the United States has consistently been 2-6 weeks behind the UK in case numbers peaks and valleys. Their numbers peaked in mid-late July and have fallen very sharply since then. That indicates to me that if the last 18 month pattern continues then we should see a sharp decline in cases sometime in September. Fortunately that is very soon but unfortunately still to late for far to many. Again just the thoughts and ramblings of one old hillbilly. Your mileage may vary. 

Edited by crow

34 minutes ago, allsportsmatter said:

This is a very compasionate stastistic for the 3 kids at Happy Valley that have lost thier parents the RTI teacher that has a 1st grader and im sure it really comforts your players mom to know this. Also if you really want to see true stastics worldometer has world stats 2% of all cases that have had an outcome have died. Also2% of all cases in the Unted states that have had an outcome have died .The way you are using stats is of all people with the disease but many of those have neither died yet or recovered. But they will do one of the 2 outcomes and become stastistics. Think you should stick to coaching football and leave politics out of sports

Man, you try to take what stats I post and make them  personal shots at people, and kids? Really? Don't. People that know me, know better. I don't get personal on here. Neither should you.

I hate it for anyone that's lost family and friends to death for any reason!

BTW, I don't coach anymore but politicians inserted themselves into ball and every other single thing of our lives. I'll point it out if I choose. Choose not to read it if you dislike. 

23 minutes ago, uknoit2 said:

Problem is with removing pre existing conditions is almost everyone has one. Think about it how many folks do you know that are in perfect health with no medical problems? Pre existing factors for this disease are a lot of things. Advanced age, overweight, history of any type of respiratory problems including asthma, high blood pressure, heart problems not just heart attacks BTW, diabetes, smoking, sedentary work or home lifestyle  and I’m sure many more. I just included virtually every American adult and a big chunk of American kids. Everyone has pre existing factors. 

Edited by crow

3 minutes ago, crow said:

Can’t answer the then what question. I’m assuming you mean what’s next as far as what will the government try to mandate next? I agree that is concerning and a slippery slope. If the what’s next is in regards to Covid then my expectation is that we will continue to see mutations every 8-16 months with each one becoming more easily transmitted but with less lethality. This is the typical path most viruses such as this take. There will likely be a Covid vaccine shot for the foreseeable future but I do expect it to be included in the influenza vaccine very soon much the way H1N1 (swine flu remember that one) was combined with influenza in 2009 and for all I know may still be in there to date. The bright spot is if you trend Covid cases globally since January of 2020 the United States has consistently been 2-6 weeks behind the UK in case numbers peaks and valleys. Their numbers peaked in mid-late July and have fallen very sharply since then. That indicates to me that if the last 18 month pattern continues then we should se a sharp decline in cases sometime in September. Fortunately that is very soon but unfortunately still to late for far to many. Again just the thoughts and ramblings of one old hillbilly. Your mileage may vary. 

"Whats next" was about Covid...And you nailed it. Something different every few months. Think so too. Apparently no shot, no mask, gonna change it then.

12 minutes ago, uknoit2 said:

"Whats next" was about Covid...And you nailed it. Something different every few months. Think so too. Apparently no shot, no mask, gonna change it then.

18 minutes ago, uknoit2 said:

Man, you try to take what stats I post and make them  personal shots at people, and kids? Really? Don't. People that know me, know better. I don't get personal on here. Neither should you.

I hate it for anyone that's lost family and friends to death for any reason!

BTW, I don't coach anymore but politicians inserted themselves into ball and every other single thing of our lives. I'll point it out if I choose. Choose not to read it if you dislike. 

Sorry not trying to insult you but your stats are very wrong and incomplete dont want other people to not get vaccinated because what is said on here you have a right to not be vaccinated but should not try to influence others and be more sensitive to the many people who have lost loved ones. 70% of americans have a pre existing condition as was stated on here before overweight is a very big condition and most americans hit this condition.Also 2 people in TN. are all that have died that was vaccinated.Both were over 85 years of age.

52 minutes ago, crow said:

Yep, you can certainly still get sick with a vaccination but you are certainly at a much lower likelihood to become severely ill or to die if vaccinated. That’s not info from republicans, democrats, CNN, FOX, CDC or The Pope. That’s information from nurses and doctors, and I mean actual front line healthcare workers, not my cousin Nancy that worked in a podiatrist office for 2 years 25 years ago and now works in dermatology’s opinion. These nurses and doctors along with EMS, respiratory therapist and the host of others are just tire of seeing so many people get so severely sick and so many deaths that a very large percentage just don’t have to keep happening. Of course some will always succumb to this illness just as many other illnesses that aren’t generally considered lethal take many lives every year. The takeaway is this beast can be and is being muzzled. 

you sir are very smart