Week 3 Milan vs South Gibson

6 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Crazy to think they wouldn’t show since their bussing was being paid for them. No excuse. 

Makes you wonder if their coach had something else planned to do on Friday and used a convenient excuse, 

is Manassas the team that only had like 16 players on their roster?

Yeah, they didn't have a transportation issue, they had a "we didn't want to get beat by 68 (since that was the actual spread) issue."

Since the 2016 season Manassas only won 7 games total. They lost to Freedom Prep by a score of 50-0 last week. I understand driving from just north of St. Jude all the way to Milan is a long drive, but there shouldn't be an excuse. With that being said, there's a problem with West Tennessee teams playing these charter schools out of Memphis. I'm all for playing Millington, Bartlett, Arlington Collierville, Whitehaven, etc.

South Gibson played Westwood (coach by Orentheus Taylor), and lost 18-0 by Douglass, and they called Friday morning claiming there won't be a game due to Covid. 

Dyersburg has been playing MLK-Prep since the beginning of the 2015 season. Teams are much better off going to Kentucky and Missouri/Arkansas (specifically Dyersburg) to play a game. McNairy Central, Middleton, Adamsville, and Hardin County play Mississippi teams all the time.

With that being said, this is also a Milan issue. I understand scheduling football games are hard. But a Milan/Dyersburg matchup will be more intriguing. Keep in mind, they did play a preseason matchup.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TryNotToSuck said:

Yeah, they didn't have a transportation issue, they had a "we didn't want to get beat by 68 (since that was the actual spread) issue."

Since the 2016 season Manassas only won 7 games total. They lost to Freedom Prep by a score of 50-0 last week. I understand driving from just north of St. Jude all the way to Milan is a long drive, but there shouldn't be an excuse. With that being said, there's a problem with West Tennessee teams playing these charter schools out of Memphis. I'm all for playing Millington, Bartlett, Arlington Collierville, Whitehaven, etc.

South Gibson played Westwood (coach by Orentheus Taylor), and lost 18-0 by Douglass, and they called Friday morning claiming there won't be a game due to Covid. 

Dyersburg has been playing MLK-Prep since the beginning of the 2015 season. Teams are much better off going to Kentucky and Missouri/Arkansas (specifically Dyersburg) to play a game. McNairy Central, Middleton, Adamsville, and Hardin County play Mississippi teams all the time.

With that being said, this is also a Milan issue. I understand scheduling football games are hard. But a Milan/Dyersburg matchup will be more intriguing. Keep in mind, they did play a preseason matchup.

They did preseason and 7 v 7. In talking with Diffee and Stowe they are very happy with the current arrangement in working out with each other. Has been good for both teams. As for MLK, I will give them credit. They always show with no problems. 

So I just learned that this game will not be on the radio this Friday and will not be streamed via 101.5. This is weird. I’ve been so accustomed to hear that broadcast when I could not be at a South Gibson vs Milan game. I can’t believe that they could find another way to show the games even if it was Facebook live. The guy broadcasting, Steven Rich, always did a great job and was a good ambassador for the school and kids. Something is up with that. I’m going to have to do some digging.