Week 3 Milan vs South Gibson

54 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

The Hornuts scraped out a win over Lexington in week 1 and were off last week. Milan had a close loss to Peabody week 1 and Manassas Cancelled last night. This is a huge rivalry and will be played in Milan. Also, a big 7-4A region game. What say you all??

That was the saddest bunch of mess I heard in a while. Heard y'all even offered to provide transportation.  Why schedule the dang game if you don't want to play?

14 minutes ago, CHARGERFAN said:

Y’all each picked up a forfeit win in week 2. It will be interesting to see how this game goes, with only one game under your belts. I know Milan will be favored, but it is an inter-county rivalry. Stats and power rankings give way to competitive feelings. 

I will pick Milan by 7.

Yea it doesn’t matter who may be better when we meet. Strange things can happen. Should be a good game for sure.

There is absolutely no excuse for the stunt Memphis Manassas pulled on Friday. The TSSAA should place sanctions against the coach and school that would include fines that will go to reimburse Milan for the losses that they incurred. I would love to see just one poster from Memphis try and support what Manassas pulled yesterday. I have a feeling that in the next scheduling cycle some Memphis teams may have a hard time filling out their schedules

1 hour ago, ReitzFan said:

There is absolutely no excuse for the stunt Memphis Manassas pulled on Friday. The TSSAA should place sanctions against the coach and school that would include fines that will go to reimburse Milan for the losses that they incurred. I would love to see just one poster from Memphis try and support what Manassas pulled yesterday. I have a feeling that in the next scheduling cycle some Memphis teams may have a hard time filling out their schedules

I would like to hear details. All I know is that the score was posted on the TSSAA site as a Milan win 1-0. I assumed a Covid forfeit. What did I miss?

10 minutes ago, CHARGERFAN said:

I would like to hear details. All I know is that the score was posted on the TSSAA site as a Milan win 1-0. I assumed a Covid forfeit. What did I miss?

From what I heard they called about 3-4:00 and said they could not find transportation. Milan offered to provide transportation and they declined.

48 minutes ago, Bulldog89 said:

From what I heard they called about 3-4:00 and said they could not find transportation. Milan offered to provide transportation and they declined.

We usually schedule Sheffield and BTW and both schools have found a way to not play before the season at some point. Superintendent Haney made the statement before this new scheduling cycle to not schedule Memphis teams anymore due to that matter. I hate it for the kids that practiced all week, Milan was gonna win by a bunch but this was a game to work on stuff and build off a great hard fought game against us in the first game 

15 hours ago, Tomcatfan2011 said:

How the world a public school not find transportation 

This is what you get with Shelby County. One of the reasons they can't keep coaches. this just doesn't just happen to Manassas of the world. It happened at Germantown several times where they showed up at kickoff. Bus always late. Be very careful scheduling Memphis schools and always make sure you have a backup. I was shocked Cordova actually made it to Haywood.

16 hours ago, Tomcatfan2011 said:

How the world a public school not find transportation 

25 minutes ago, reddyrebel6 said:

This is what you get with Shelby County. One of the reasons they can't keep coaches. this just doesn't just happen to Manassas of the world. It happened at Germantown several times where they showed up at kickoff. Bus always late. Be very careful scheduling Memphis schools and always make sure you have a backup. I was shocked Cordova actually made it to Haywood.

Crazy to think they wouldn’t show since their bussing was being paid for them. No excuse.