WB Gov's vs Jefferson Co Patriots

Shadroach

49 minutes ago, OrangePylon said:

Honestly if things keep going south at WB and Shad can’t turn things around, I wouldn’t rule out him transferring. Especially since Shad refuses to play him except in garbage time. 

Especially if they go (0-3). We here at the station are confused what has happened with everyone being excited for the start of the season to now jumping off and kids leaving or transfering? Where would he go? Would other follow? 

36 minutes ago, williebgovs04 said:

This is where you get lost ma’am , you only see results from a GAME, there’s so much more to it than winning or losing on Friday night.  

But I think most running backs want a line that can block enough so that they aren't getting hit in the backfield every play. Our line development is non-existent right now. That's just a fact. If Shad "retires," I hope we bring in a coach that knows how to develop linemen.

• Upvote 1

Bottom line is financial support and Shad has had that at previous jobs. That is a very important thing to have to be a successful program. I'm sure he probably feels like the old lady that sets out in front of Home Depot with a sign asking for help. This is one of the things the TSSAA don't take in consideration and should. Look at the schools with support and the ones without and you should understand what I'm talking about. If Maryville gets a fake field Alcoa gets one, if they get a replay board Alcoa gets a jumbo Tron and even paid for the foundation twice. Most schools are lucky to have anything and I'm sure that's something that hurt Shad to this day.

2 hours ago, Pinocchio007 said:

Especially if they go (0-3). We here at the station are confused what has happened with everyone being excited for the start of the season to now jumping off and kids leaving or transfering? Where would he go? Would other follow? 

Honestly the whole reason people are mad is because William Blount simply has not performed in the first 2 games. William Blount has no business being blown out by Clinton and Karns this year. There is a huge difference in losing in a close, competitive game and getting blown out. These first 2 games haven’t even been close. Combine that with one of  (if not THE) most talented team WB has had since 2007 and you can see why people are so frustrated with the coaching. 

9 minutes ago, OrangePylon said:

Honestly the whole reason people are mad is because William Blount simply has not performed in the first 2 games. William Blount has no business being blown out by Clinton and Karns this year. There is a huge difference in losing in a close, competitive game and getting blown out. These first 2 games haven’t even been close. Combine that with one of  (if not THE) most talented team WB has had since 2007 and you can see why people are so frustrated with the coaching. 

The coaching hasn’t been great at all but like you said these players are the most talented wb has had since 07.  We can’t give them a pass as they have yet to make plays for themselves through 2 games 

22 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Bottom line is financial support and Shad has had that at previous jobs. That is a very important thing to have to be a successful program. I'm sure he probably feels like the old lady that sets out in front of Home Depot with a sign asking for help. This is one of the things the TSSAA don't take in consideration and should. Look at the schools with support and the ones without and you should understand what I'm talking about. If Maryville gets a fake field Alcoa gets one, if they get a replay board Alcoa gets a jumbo Tron and even paid for the foundation twice. Most schools are lucky to have anything and I'm sure that's something that hurt Shad to this day.

FInancial Support gets resolved when BLOUNT COUNTY SCHOOLS cares about athletics. Which this will never be the case. They are in the process of building "NEW FIELDHOUSES" at both WB and Heritage and by the looks of them, they are not nothing spectacular!  Farmer John has better looking barns off morganton than these two schools have. This just goes to show you "THEY DON'T REALLY CARE" 

25 minutes ago, OrangePylon said:

As everyone should be mad to be (0-2). WB brought in new coaches and returned some solid skill players. Is this not what everyone wanted was new coaches at key positions? Then now, sitting at the ropes of (0-3) with Coach Shadowens Staying another two years according to @BarneySox2007. Sounds like nothing is going to change besides the weather and what day it is. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, williebgovs04 said:

The coaching hasn’t been great at all but like you said these players are the most talented wb has had since 07.  We can’t give them a pass as they have yet to make plays for themselves through 2 games 

There aren’t any players on this team that are a Jauan Jennings type leader/Alpha Male type personality. That’s not a knock against this group; it’s just that sometimes you need a vocal leader and some alpha mentality and this team simply doesn’t have that right now.

3 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

He's managed to burn bridges at all those programs as well. It's karma that he ended up at WB