Oak Ridge vs South Pittsburg

Geno

3 hours ago, SweetScience said:

Oh. Well, with that said, I don't think Oakland needs to earn any amount of respect, being they've either won or played for a state championship in the highest class in the state for about 5 years in a row now. This guy....haha

I will say it as the commentator for the IMG and Ohio game said.No reason at all for a team this so far ahead in talent and size to play each other.Risking injury to a lower Class team expected to make a long playoff run.Also risking injury of your big time athletes in a game that doesnt mean nothing.Sorry if I'm a SP fan I am not liking this matchup with Oakland,those guys are nasty good!!You come out with just one bad injury in 1A and it can ruin your season goal.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, KnoxVil said:

Hahaha! This guy must be Seattle in disguise…

Oak Ridge better be ready. All I know. A win over South Pitt could definitely be a significant move in the right direction to get closer to that Gaddis statue being unveiled though. I just wonder if they'll do it with the hat on, or without it showing that cute bald head of his off? Enquiring minds wanna know, Vil.

3 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

I will say it as the commentator for the IMG and Ohio game said.No reason at all for a team this so far ahead in talent and size to play each other.Risking injury to a lower Class team expected to make a long playoff run.Also risking injury of your big time athletes in a game that doesnt mean nothing.Sorry if I'm a SP fan I am not liking this matchup with Oakland,those guys are nasty good!!You come out with just one bad injury in 1A and it can ruin your season goal.

Yeah, not sure why Oakland took this game, TBH. I guess you'd have to ask MidTenn. Apparently nobody else wanted to play Oakland and it was kind of a last resort type thing. Can't say I blame anybody for not wanting to play them though haha.

21 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

Yeah, not sure why Oakland took this game, TBH. I guess you'd have to ask MidTenn. Apparently nobody else wanted to play Oakland and it was kind of a last resort type thing. Can't say I blame anybody for not wanting to play them though haha.

Maryville had no problem filling their schedule out, so I guess that says something about the schools in this area not named Hendersonville and CPA. Might as well become a private school, our schedule is starting to resemble one. At least then the alphabets can't duck us now that the playing field is level

If it was up to me, SP wouldn't even be an option, but our kids deserve 10 games just like everyone else. Contrary to popular belief, not every player on our roster is a P5 recruit, so to deny our backups every chance to compete is the greater sin

Edited by MidTennFootball

Hville didn’t complete their schedule until late spring.  Made a lot of phone calls that were either were not returned or said no thanks.  We are a good program, not an Oakland or Maryville so I don’t get it. A lot of coaches now want those easy non region wins to please their fan bases.  Amazing how some schools in a neighboring county that will remain nameless (Wilson) play cream puff schedules. I give Beech credit for playing a really tough schedule and heard that they had the same issue as us.   Answer this question, how many ranked teams are those Wilson county teams playing? Zero is the answer.  I looked at another website that shows strength of schedule and we were #2 in the state.  In my opinion we get better by playing Oakland, South Warren, Ravenwood, Shelbyville, and Baylor.  Throw in Beech and Gallatin and that means we have to be ready every week.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SweetScience said:

Oak Ridge better be ready. All I know. A win over South Pitt could definitely be a significant move in the right direction to get closer to that Gaddis statue being unveiled though. I just wonder if they'll do it with the hat on, or without it showing that cute bald head of his off? Enquiring minds wanna know, Vil.

Oak Ridge would take South Pitt to the woodshed 10 out of 10 times! Statue erected!