Alcoa

vandyfan1

14 hours ago, howdoitknow said:

This is a statement of fact.  I remember when Maryville posters used to be so arrogant and post the biggest nonsense on here for years.  Now that they have to deal with Oakland that’s all changed.  It’s been a humbling experience.  

Alcoa owns wins this year over Class 5A Rhea County and Knoxville West.  They are both in the Quarterfinals of the 5A playoffs this upcoming week.  

Alcoa also played Maryville to the wire despite a nearly 3-to-1 ratio deficit in student population.  

I would say Alcoa’s schedule has been challenging this year with those 3 teams on the slate.  That’s about as much as anyone could ask a 3A school to play against out of the region.  

hey boyz

howdoitknow are you living vicariously through gary?

:roflol:

6 minutes ago, Throwdeslant said:

And your point is? I’m sure your team of cowards would have also taken a covid day if we were on their schedule. However, we will never have to worry about that, huh???:thumb:

hey boyz

having to play 3 tough games a year, 3 covid games, and having union county is a truly legitimate reason to stay down in 3a (aka Gary's playpen) and its great for the gate (not)

8 minutes ago, suzie said:

hey boyz

having to play 3 tough games a year, 3 covid games, and having union county is a truly legitimate reason to stay down in 3a (aka Gary's playpen) and its great for the gate (not)

Lol! I’m sure your team of cowards was called to replace all those games. However, your group of sissies chose to run and hide like they always do. Gate? Why are you worried about Alcoa’s gate? Comical! I’d bet your gate looked good this past Friday night… oh wait….:roflol:

Edited by Throwdeslant

6 minutes ago, suzie said:

hey boyz

playing covid 3 times to those close 1-0 wins is paying big dividends 

"FACT"

Hey idiot...how is THAT Alcoa's fault. 

8 minutes ago, suzie said:

hey boyz

playing covid 3 times to those close 1-0 wins is paying big dividends 

"FACT"

Are you making lite of a serious virus? The TSSAA put in place special rules for teams that may have to quarantine. 

You think that's Alcoa’s fault? You think the team and the associated schools are making it up to simply get out of a game? Seriously?

Wow!

2 hours ago, BCsportsfan said:

Yes!

I find it hugely hypothetical that barney and several murvul peps call out Alcoa for playing weak teams. Teams within their region and classification. 

At the same time playing teams like Heritage. CrZy!!??:wacko:

A team that's not a region opponent. A team that most all Alcoa's opponents would beat.

The number of times I've heard " Enjoy beating up (insert team) or middle school teams" as they head off to play zero win Hardin Valley! HA!

Murvul has had success in the past. But, even then, they never pushed the limits.  Alcoa always plays 6A, 5A out of region.  A murvul fan told me they didn't need to play up cause they where already playing the best teams. Sad......

With Oaklands success and state championship they are pushing the limits. Just this season, They played another state championship team on ESPN.  They played a very good CPA and Lipscomb Academy team. That pushing themselves to a higher level.  It pays off! And.....That has been the key to Alcoa's sucess also.

Alcoa is a victim of their own success. The gap between them and the rest of 3A is so large that alot of people would rather complain about it. Rankin could have filled his schedule with nothing but 6A teams and the result would have been the same. If your winning, everybody hates you.

As for Maryville, I don't blame them taking the approach they have because it still produces championships on a regular basis. If Oakland/whoever could start to beat them at Maryville, then they might change their thinking, until then it's hard to argue with what works. Maryville's problem is Alcoa is the only team near them that's in the same ballpark of Oakland, whereas Oakland has several options for non region games that can challenge them if those programs are willing to play.

It would be nice to see the best teams in this state commit to a out of state game and bring this state a little more notoriety

28 minutes ago, Throwdeslant said:

That wouldn’t surprise me at all. Murvul= total hypocrites…B)

I’ve been hearing lil Hunt might be stepping down soon…;)

Yup, the murvul empire being taken over from the inside!

Maryville will be changing the helmet to the "Californians" B)

4979ca6277fda160-in-gifs-a-guide-to-all-six-star-wars-movies.gif.d135aa2cab80834fcd3a37bf2719c5b2.gif

Edited by BCsportsfan
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

Alcoa is a victim of their own success. The gap between them and the rest of 3A is so large that alot of people would rather complain about it. Rankin could have filled his schedule with nothing but 6A teams and the result would have been the same. If your winning, everybody hates you.

As for Maryville, I don't blame them taking the approach they have because it still produces championships on a regular basis. If Oakland/whoever could start to beat them at Maryville, then they might change their thinking, until then it's hard to argue with what works. Maryville's problem is Alcoa is the only team near them that's in the same ballpark of Oakland, whereas Oakland has several options for non region games that can challenge them if those programs are willing to play.

It would be nice to see the best teams in this state commit to a out of state game and bring this state a little more notoriety

Nailed it!!:thumb: