Week 5 - Oak Ridge @ Lenoir City

CardinalGrey

1 minute ago, catswild said:

Hindsight is 20/20 but I wish OR had kicked the FG just before the half, but I kind of understand the decision to go for it from the 1-2 yard line. Gaddis explained on the show last night that after the final TD, there were 10 seconds or less remaining in the game, and after an onsides kick there would be less than 10 seconds. If you recover another onsides kick, you would assume it would be around the 50 yard line, so a field goal on the final play of the game would be approximately 67 yards. I never thought of that until he said it last night, so that explains to me why he didn't go for two. 

12 hours ago, catswild said:

Hindsight is 20/20 but I wish OR had kicked the FG just before the half, but I kind of understand the decision to go for it from the 1-2 yard line. Gaddis explained on the show last night that after the final TD, there were 10 seconds or less remaining in the game, and after an onsides kick there would be less than 10 seconds. If you recover another onsides kick, you would assume it would be around the 50 yard line, so a field goal on the final play of the game would be approximately 63 yards. I never thought of that until he said it last night, so that explains to me why he didn't go for two. 

I heard that and couldn't believe that was the excuse.Kicking the XP would've done you no good no matter what.I may be wrong but I think we even had a timeout and used it before last kickoff.If so u couldve ran something and got closer.But even if we didn't what happens if they call PI on the hail marry or roughing passer or both.So many things could happen but you without a doubt gain nothing by kicking XP

• Like 1

9 hours ago, NoleNation3 said:

I heard that and couldn't believe that was the excuse.Kicking the XP would've done you no good no matter what.I may be wrong but I think we even had a timeout and used it before last kickoff.If so u couldve ran something and got closer.But even if we didn't what happens if they call PI on the hail marry or roughing passer or both.So many things could happen but you without a doubt gain nothing by kicking XP

I'm 100% for holding the coach accountable for everything, that's why I wish he had opted for the field goal before halftime. The truth is that it wouldn't have mattered whether they would've made the extra point or the two point conversion because there was only time for one play and a TD was more likely than a 67 yard field goal, so I actually agree with him on that decision

• Like 1

9 hours ago, catswild said:

I'm 100% for holding the coach accountable for everything, that's why I wish he had opted for the field goal before halftime. The truth is that it wouldn't have mattered whether they would've made the extra point or the two point conversion because there was only time for one play and a TD was more likely than a 67 yard field goal, so I actually agree with him on that decision

Have you ever considered the fact that neither you nor the coaches know as much about football as the Nole family?

Well I'm proud of our Wildcats tonight. Good win, played a bunch of people and didn't look like anybody got hurt. Seems the running game got a new player tonite in Dozier #22. And Jackson #1 I liked their running so well I gave them Wildcat Whoop #### t-shirts. Jackson may have finally had his "breakout game". Seems like we cleared the bench in the later 3rd and 4th quarter. Now we got 2 weeks before the Pow game so let's get ready!

WILDCAT PRIDE

28 minutes ago, bounder said:

Well I'm proud of our Wildcats tonight. Good win, played a bunch of people and didn't look like anybody got hurt. Seems the running game got a new player tonite in Dozier #22. And Jackson #1 I liked their running so well I gave them Wildcat Whoop #### t-shirts. Jackson may have finally had his "breakout game". Seems like we cleared the bench in the later 3rd and 4th quarter. Now we got 2 weeks before the Pow game so let's get ready!

WILDCAT PRIDE

I thought it was a good win. Had a lot of really good players that didn’t play, like Heyward and Hundley, and still won pretty convincingly. We also didn’t run Jackson hardly at all, and let him focus on defense. LC never really threatened till late in the game when we had a ton of reserves in. Looked like we pretty much mass subbed early on in the 4th. Dozier is a really impressive back. Him and Jai next year will be a handful for opposing teams.

I am actually pretty excited about how many good players we’re gonna have next year. A ton of young talent was out there tonight, which really bodes well for the future. Thought Melton, Berven (of course), and Kelly all had great games. Also, Jackson stood out to me on defense tonight. Honestly, I think that’s where his future is at in college, on the defensive side of the ball.

Much respect to the LC kids for never giving up. Not much talent, but was impressed with their effort. Oh yeah, the freshman (#27) laid a great stick early on in the game. That kid is gonna be a player, son.

Edited by SweetScience

A lot of young Wildcats making plays and getting better tonight.If we can just find some guys upfront we could be really good next couple of years.Throw in what should be one of better incoming freshman classes we have had in a while next yr and things could be good for a while.Not having our 2 best offensive players tonight and still moving football was good to see.Hopefully we get those guys back after off week.I was watching warm ups and the Rodgers kid was throwing the ball 50 plus yards with ease.He looks like a really good player and I hope we get him out there.He could help Heyward getting doubled but more importantly he would be big help on defense.Defense has been good but besides needing lineman a really good CB would be huge for this defense.Go Wildcats and enjoy the win and some time off

• Like 1