Week 5 - Oak Ridge @ Lenoir City

CardinalGrey

I would like to know who these "8 starting lineman" we've lost are.  You can only start 5.  He must be counting guys that were going to contribute some at some point.  But 8 starting lineman?  That is quite a stretch.  I know of  72, 75, and 79, which are huge losses and I hate it for those kids, great kids.  However, I'm not sure we had 8 that could start even back in the spring.   Anyway, I hope we get to play Friday night, we do have a lot young guys out there that need all the reps they can get.  

Hats off to the freshman starter at OLB #27 last Fri. night.  He's little, but he plays fast with a great motor, and seems to always be in the right spot where he's supposed to be.  

Edited by oridgecat

43 minutes ago, oridgecat said:

I would like to know who these "8 starting lineman" we've lost are.  You can only start 5.  He must be counting guys that were going to contribute some at some point.  But 8 starting lineman?  That is quite a stretch.  I know of  72, 75, and 79, which are huge losses and I hate it for those kids, great kids.  However, I'm not sure we had 8 that could start even back in the spring.   Anyway, I hope we get to play Friday night, we do have a lot young guys out there that need all the reps they can get.  

Hats off to the freshman starter at OLB #27 last Fri. night.  He's little, but he plays fast with a great motor, and seems to always be in the right spot where he's supposed to be.  

I was told by someone very close to the program that the freshman is very reminiscent of Berven as a freshman, as far as instincts, motor, coachability, etc. 

Edited by SweetScience

40 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

I was told by someone very close to the program that the freshman is very reminiscent of Berven as a freshman, as far as instincts, motor, coachability, etc. 

yes, for sure.  He's not as far along physically as Berv was as a frosh, but if he hits the weights hard, he has a chance to be a really good player for us. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, oridgecat said:

You wish, Lol.  No thanks

3 hours ago, KyleTerry77 said:

Head Coach in waiting is Davey Gillum letterman's jacket will make an appearance at OR. RWR

I do like the sounds of this! Gillum will have a bronze statue erected before too long at AC. He can then go to the Ridge and have one erected right next to Joe! This would be incredible! I’m all for it!

32 minutes ago, KnoxVil said:

I do like the sounds of this! Gillum will have a bronze statue erected before too long at AC. He can then go to the Ridge and have one erected right next to Joe! This would be incredible! I’m all for it!

In his letterman’s jacket, or nah? Gillum as our OC would be awesome. Say what you want, but the fella knows his offense. BTW, no way he deserves to occupy any amount of space next to the legend himself. We’d have to build it somewhere far, far away from JG’s.

21 hours ago, osunut2 said:

I hope you guys can play this one. LC has had a lot of guys out the past couple of weeks due to COVID-related issues. The high school went to online learning on 9/9 and is supposed to return to the classroom on 9/16. They also closed school on 9/3 for the same reason. I'm not exactly sure why they were allowed to play the last two games, but they did. Must have a different policy compared to Knox County.

That dont sound good.Thanks for the info

3 hours ago, SweetScience said:

In his letterman’s jacket, or nah? Gillum as our OC would be awesome. Say what you want, but the fella knows his offense. BTW, no way he deserves to occupy any amount of space next to the legend himself. We’d have to build it somewhere far, far away from JG’s.

Your absolutely Right sweet! I will say OR has always had talent and may always have it or have it to be made. I think Davey's record shows his intelligence in coaching, Speaks for itself. Not sure lol he would consider OR and To be honest Gaddis is more than likely looking at retirement and he has done well as a coach IMO. 

11 hours ago, oridgecat said:

I would like to know who these "8 starting lineman" we've lost are.  You can only start 5.  He must be counting guys that were going to contribute some at some point.  But 8 starting lineman?  That is quite a stretch.  I know of  72, 75, and 79, which are huge losses and I hate it for those kids, great kids.  However, I'm not sure we had 8 that could start even back in the spring.   

I think Coach Gaddis explained how he got to 8 linemen being gone on one of his Coach's shows. If a player was a two way starter he counts as two linemen. 75, 72, and 79, if all were two way starters would equal six linemen. Does this sound right?