Milan @ Haywood week 5

BIGPURPLEMACHINE

5 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

The first two games of the year with Milan and SG I was called a sandbagger and people laughed at me. Lol. We lost both games. I am a “coach” per say but not a Milan football coach. Just have watched a TON  of Milan football in my 40 years and call it like I see it. If y’all are expecting us to come in full force you will be disappointed. Dead serious. 

The respect i have for Milan just won’t let me believe that lol. Last time we played Milan was 2013 i believe in a 35-28 loss. 

3 hours ago, reddyrebel6 said:

I actually thought the defense was really solid and has been all year, allowing an average of 4.5 ppg. through three games. Lexington got in some completions, but was also sacked numerous times due to some good coverage. Haywood was also missing its starting safety due to illness. I will be shocked in "Milan rolls" at Haywood.

I wasn't at the Lexington game. With no stream, I was forced to listen to the "excellent" coverage and commentary of Brownsville Radio.

From what I could hear, The defensive line played a great game. How many yards did McClaine get?  Not many?  The D line should definitely be commended.  They performed well.

Again from what I could hear, the seconday...not so much!  As you know, if we are successful in shutting down a team's running game, we need to be successful in shutting down their passing game as well.

We held the Tigers scoreless, but we gave up too many yards to Lexington's passing game. I hope that neither you nor I will be shocked, but Milan has a far better team than their record might indicate.  I believe that Milan's QB and receivers are far better than Lexington's.  I'm not saying we can't, but if we don't get some of our pass coverage problems worked out, Milan could have a very successful night with their passing game.  I hope they don't, but if they do, Milan could roll!

I pray that both Milan and Haywood will be healthy and ready to go Friday night.  I'm looking forward to a good, clean, and injury free game.

1 hour ago, stacmot said:

I wasn't at the Lexington game. With no stream, I was forced to listen to the "excellent" coverage and commentary of Brownsville Radio.

From what I could hear, The defensive line played a great game. How many yards did McClaine get?  Not many?  The D line should definitely be commended.  They performed well.

Again from what I could hear, the seconday...not so much!  As you know, if we are successful in shutting down a team's running game, we need to be successful in shutting down their passing game as well.

We held the Tigers scoreless, but we gave up too many yards to Lexington's passing game. I hope that neither you nor I will be shocked, but Milan has a far better team than their record might indicate.  I believe that Milan's QB and receivers are far better than Lexington's.  I'm not saying we can't, but if we don't get some of our pass coverage problems worked out, Milan could have a very successful night with their passing game.  I hope they don't, but if they do, Milan could roll!

I pray that both Milan and Haywood will be healthy and ready to go Friday night.  I'm looking forward to a good, clean, and injury free game.

I get it now. I truly understand where you are coming from if your opinions and comments are based on the "excellent" Brownsville radio commentary and you aren't at the games. Two different viewpoints.

2 hours ago, reddyrebel6 said:

I get it now. I truly understand where you are coming from if your opinions and comments are based on the "excellent" Brownsville radio commentary and you aren't at the games. Two different viewpoints.

It is definitely two different viewpoints.  They said they were forced to broadcast from the top of Haywood's bleachers, so that complicated things as well.  They really didn't have a good view to back some of their commentary. 

I'm all for being friendly and accommodating to a visiting team as far as our press box is concerned, and I think we are.  I don't know why we were shut out of the press box, and there are two sides to every story.  But if I remember correctly,  Lexington has a rather large press box.  Whatever they may be, I'm sure they had their reasons. 

I know we won't, and I shouldn't feel this way, but I say we need to keep Lexington's radio broadcast team out of our press box when they come to Brownsville next year.  Personally, I would not do that, but the thought does cross my mind.  Lol

Edited by stacmot

A weather forecast for 6 or 7 days ahead usually isn't very accurate, and I'm sure it will change the closer we get to game day.  Different sites obviously have different forecasts, but here is weather.com's forecast for Friday.   

Fri 17 | Day
Scattered showers and thunderstorms. High 84F.  Humidity76%. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 60%.

Fri 17 | Night
A few clouds from time to time. Low 66F.  Humidity 96%.  Winds light and variable. Chance of rain 20%.

As for me, I hope we can play on a dry field.  A humidity of 96% could be a bit problematic for a few of the players (and fans too), but I hope not.

1 hour ago, TryNotToSuck said:

Haywood should win this game. I think @BIGPURPLEMACHINE is correct. I just don't see this being a year that Milan will be a serious threat to represent Chattanooga. I can honestly see Milan going 3-3 throughout the rest of the regular season.

You are probably right. We just haven’t been 100% healthy for a single game yet. Have had multiple linemen out on each side of the ball for each game. There was a reason we didn’t play varsity in the Union City scrimmage. Would be nice to play with a full deck and see what happens. 

2 hours ago, TryNotToSuck said:

Haywood should win this game. I think @BIGPURPLEMACHINE is correct. I just don't see this being a year that Milan will be a serious threat to represent Chattanooga. I can honestly see Milan going 3-3 throughout the rest of the regular season.

I agree that Haywood should be favored especially at their place. However 3-3 the rest of year is unacceptable at Milan. There is a reason we brought this coaching staff here. Yes we are banged up right now but we still have some talent. Excuses only go so far. At some point the coaching staff needs to figure it out and I think they will.

I read in the Jackson Sun that Jaylon Lewis (Haywood) and Anthony Brown (Milan) are visiting Arkansas this weekend. It seems that Lewis, who has already committed to the Razorbacks, might be attempting to influence his friend (A. Brown) to join him at Arkansas.

I believe that I have read somewhere else, that Brown plans to announce his commitment on September 14, and he does have quite a few offers to choose from.   

It should be quite a treat to see these two give it all they've got this Friday night.  And if Anthony Brown does commit to Arkansas, it will be fun watching them play on the same team on Saturday afternoons.