Milan @ Haywood week 5

BIGPURPLEMACHINE

3 minutes ago, abigrichardn731 said:

Lol but why discuss something you can’t control? Humidity levels….please tell me how much the drag coefficient of the ball is affected by majority of west tn hs kickers? 

No, I can't control the weather.  Can you control the outcome of the game?  No, you can't control anything you have talked about.  I wasn't referring to the drag coefficient of the ball.  I wasn't referring to anything about kickers.  I was referring to the fact that humidity could make it difficult for some players to breathe (for whatever reason that may be).  Have you ever read previews for college football games?  Weather is usually mentioned.

12 minutes ago, Bulldog89 said:

Yea weather could help Milan by slowing down Haywoods speed but hurt our passing game. Not sure who it would benefit the most.

Of course I’m referring to if it rains. If it’s real humid that could affect both teams as well. Not sure about Haywood but we play quite a few both ways at times if healthy.

12 minutes ago, abigrichardn731 said:

It’s Sunday night sir. Let’s wait til Wednesday/Thursday for weather report. 

If you read the post.  You would know that I said that the forecast that I was looking at would most likely change.  I still wanted a heads up as to  whether it might rain.  But again, humidity could be a factor.  It's strange you picked that post to harp on.  Have you contributed a meaningful post to this thread?  Excuse me, I've got to go watch the weather forecast!!!

BTW, I simply asked you if you were a Haywood, or as you say "Wayhood" fan?  I'm sorry that offended you.

On 9/11/2021 at 10:49 AM, Tomcatfan2011 said:

The respect i have for Milan just won’t let me believe that lol. Last time we played Milan was 2013 i believe in a 35-28 loss. 

Warning, this is just another meaningless trivia post by Stacmot.  It really doesn't have anything to do with this Friday's game,  so if you're not interested, please move on!

Milan does have a program to be respected.  No matter if it's illness, injuries, or graduation losses, the Dawgs will come at us with all they've got, and they won't quit.

I remember this game, and it was a classic, but I did have to go to the archives of the States-Graphic to get the details. Going into the game,  Haywood (3-6) was coached by Slade Calhoun who is currently the head coach at Munford.  Milan (7-2) was coached by Jeff Morris who is still serving on the Bulldog staff as an assistant coach.  

Haywood had a 28-7 lead with 8:01 left in the third quarter.  Milan tied the game on a 50 yard TD run with 7:47 left in the 4th.  The Dawgs took the lead (35-28) on a 65 yard run with 3:56 left in the game.  Haywood drove the ball to the Milan two yard line with a little over 2 minutes left, but the Tomcats fumbled the ball ending any hopes of tying or winning the game.

Haywood finished the season 3-7.  Milan finished 12-3 losing to CAK by a score of 48-14 in the state finals.

I know it has been 9 years, and these players were only 6-9 years old at the time,  but l hope the Cats can avenge this loss Friday night.  Do it for those of us who have graduated.  Remember, once a Tomcat, always a Tomcat!  It should be another classic.

If you're interested, here's the link to the write up of the game.  The write up can be found on B1.

https://issuu.com/carterstaffwriter55/docs/nov1combine

Edited by stacmot

1 hour ago, stacmot said:

Warning, this is just another meaningless trivia post by Stacmot.  It really doesn't have anything to do with this Friday's game,  so if you're not interested, please move on!

Milan does have a program to be respected.  No matter if it's illness, injuries, or graduation losses, the Dawgs will come at us with all they've got, and they won't quit.

I remember this game, and it was a classic, but I did have to go to the archives of the States-Graphic to get the details. Going into the game,  Haywood (3-6) was coached by Slade Calhoun who is currently the head coach at Munford.  Milan (7-2) was coached by Jeff Morris who is still serving on the Bulldog staff as an assistant coach.  

Haywood had a 28-7 lead with 8:01 left in the third quarter.  Milan tied the game on a 50 yard TD run with 7:47 left in the 4th.  The Dawgs took the lead (35-28) on a 65 yard run with 3:56 left in the game.  Haywood drove the ball to the Milan two yard line with a little over 2 minutes left, but the Tomcats fumbled the ball ending any hopes of tying or winning the game.

Haywood finished the season 3-7.  Milan finished 12-3 losing to CAK by a score of 48-14 in the state finals.

I know it has been 9 years, and these players were only 6-9 years old at the time,  but l hope the Cats can avenge this loss Friday night.  Do it for those of us who have graduated.  Remember, once a Tomcat, always a Tomcat!  It should be another classic.

If you're interested, here's the link to the write up of the game.  The write up can be found on B1.

https://issuu.com/carterstaffwriter55/docs/nov1combine

Cool Post 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, abigrichardn731 said:

I’m here to preach the gospel! Here It is according to Rick…

1.) Peabody pride? More like Peabody scared. Why did they run away for dyersburg? Covington? Just speculation, but it probably has everything to do with this precious streak when losing helps cultivate and humble teams more than other experience. 
2.) #MadeinMilan??? I think not, tell me BPM where is Anthony Brown’s address? Where is the right guards address? Greg Scott brings in talent every year, but idk about the residency being all that legal. 

I could keep going but instead I’ll digress. Can’t burn It all down in one night. 

You can’t burn anything down Rick. You have nothing. Both kids you named live in Milan. You can’t do on here like you do on the radio. You think just because you say something loud and repeatedly people will believe you. The real truth is that your a pathetic pitiful old man who people only listen to for comic relief. Yeah that’s right, they just laugh at you. Again you are a bum with an Obama phone nothing more. And again you sound like a straight pervert wanting to know teenage boys addresses. Get a life.