Emory Road Rivalry - Halls @ Powell

osunut2

1 hour ago, thefox said:

That's fine, he has won every where he has been and Cleveland will be where they always are, losing in the first round of the playoffs. Cleveland has only won one playoff game since their 2013 semifinal "appearance" and I'll let you take a guess on who the coach of the team was that beat them.

What has Wests records been since Cummings left?

27 minutes ago, fooseball95 said:

We are 4-1 could be 5-0. Very happy with the coach we have now. Cummings can’t coach out of his comfort zone of Knoxville and tucks tail and runs for a program where he has no pressure to succeed lol. 

Let's see what happens come playof time.  Cleveland is likely going to finish 3rd in the region again and going to have to go on the road.  

Don't start celebrating just yet. 

2 minutes ago, HTV said:

Let's see what happens come playof time.  Cleveland is likely going to finish 3rd in the region again and going to have to go on the road.  

Don't start celebrating just yet. 

Whose celebrating? I said we are happy with our coach and the progress that the program is headed. Cummings set our program back during his time here. And then ran some where with no pressure to win.  We had kids transfer because they didn’t like the dude. During games coaches were arguing with each other, players arguing with him, it was a complete sh$&$ show under him. 

15 minutes ago, fooseball95 said:

Whose celebrating? I said we are happy with our coach and the progress that the program is headed. Cummings set our program back during his time here. And then ran some where with no pressure to win.  We had kids transfer because they didn’t like the dude. During games coaches were arguing with each other, players arguing with him, it was a complete sh$&$ show under him. 

I thought Cummings was a good hire at the time, but that wasn't the case. I obviously can't speak to what the specific issues were or why he didn't pan out, but there's certainly a lot less pressure on him to win at Halls.

22 hours ago, fooseball95 said:

And anybody that has to travel to Maryville in the playoffs outside of Oakland, is gonna lose in the 1st or 2nd round of the playoffs. 

So which one is it, is there pressure to win or is the community satisfied with a first round exit? Cleveland hasn’t been actually relevant since the late 90’s so it’s hard to blame the community. I’m sure there were some bad feelings on both sides when Cummings left but let’s not act like Cleveland is a pressure cooker and Halls doesn’t have expectations when it comes to football. In fact they were also contending for a state title the last time Cleveland was. 

1 hour ago, thefox said:

So which one is it, is there pressure to win or is the community satisfied with a first round exit? Cleveland hasn’t been actually relevant since the late 90’s so it’s hard to blame the community. I’m sure there were some bad feelings on both sides when Cummings left but let’s not act like Cleveland is a pressure cooker and Halls doesn’t have expectations when it comes to football. In fact they were also contending for a state title the last time Cleveland was. 

Compare wins and loses, state title wins, tradition with Cleveland and Halls and you’ll know exactly what I’m talking about. Cummings went back to where it’s ok to go 5-5 and not get on the hot seat real quick. And like I said Cummings had kids transferring because they didn’t want to play for him when he was at cleveland. He was the role reason that the Burke brothers transferred and went to Bradley. Doesn’t matter if Cleveland hasn’t been relevant since the late 90s it’s still a better program than halls, better athletes, facilities, etc.