Westview vs. Union City

WestviewAlumni

3 hours ago, Kiddmaximus said:

I predict Westview will throw them off their own field..mercifully. I won’t say it will be a running clock game but Westview is merciful, they won’t score nomore after up 35 or more.

Yeah that’s what everyone in the state is expecting. It may very well happen. However, I’m expecting our guys to come out and fight like the warriors they are. They will not give up and roll over. Honestly, I’m expecting out guys to control the clock and keep things closer than a lot of people are expecting. 

2 hours ago, BigSwoShow said:

Yeah that’s what everyone in the state is expecting. It may very well happen. However, I’m expecting our guys to come out and fight like the warriors they are. They will not give up and roll over. Honestly, I’m expecting out guys to control the clock and keep things closer than a lot of people are expecting. 

The need to play keep away is a understatement in this case,UC,to be successful will need a few of those entire quarter eating drives to stay in it and or win it. The difference in the chargers from last year to now is astonishing to say the least, Line is big and very physical ! UC will not lay down just because they are “supposed “ to lose however,As Kidd M. Said Westview has no interest in mercy ruling folks, I see this game as intriguing to say the least, I don’t believe without several big break UC can take this one   But they will line em up and knock heads non the less !! I will be making this game with Swo , I have no interest in the drive to Halls this week ! 

Edited by PeabodyPride

2 hours ago, PeabodyPride said:

The need to play keep away is a understatement in this case,UC,to be successful will need a few of those entire quarter eating drives to stay in it and or win it. The difference in the chargers from last year to now is astonishing to say the least, Line is big and very physical ! UC will not lay down just because they are “supposed “ to lose however,As Kidd M. Said Westview has no interest in mercy ruling folks, I see this game as intriguing to say the least, I don’t believe without several big break UC can take this one   But they will line em up and knock heads non the less !! I will be making this game with Swo , I have no interest in the drive to Halls this week ! 

We don’t speak about Westview defense as much as we do their offense. Their defense is allowing 10 PPG through the season so far! Now I know we haven’t played everyone yet and we still have more games to go and tougher teams coming in the playoffs but I can’t deny the stats as of right now. Now to the offense, we are well aware of how lethal they are. They are averaging 40.5 points a game. Majority of these games they could have scored 50-60 plus with ease but stopped scoring intentionally after going up by 35 points. Currently sitting at 5-1 with the lone loss to a 3 peat state championship team that we nearly defeated at their home stadium. It’s still a lot of football left but we haven’t won no gold balls yet. I don’t know what union city strengths and weaknesses are but both will be tested. Westview has too many horses right now on both sides of the ball.

Union City seems to be getting better every week. In this game they must grind the clock. Do not get behind the chains and have no turnovers. UC must score when in the red zone. They cannot leave points on the field. Everyone knows Westview will complete passes. The UC defense must eliminate the yards after catch. UC must take away the Westview run game and don't let the Chargers be able to run and throw. UC must put pressure on Simpson with their front 4. I do not think UC can afford to blitz Simpson. He can scramble pretty well and throw on the run. Keep him in the pocket if possible. UC must keep this game close going into the 4th quarter. If UC can do this then they can pull the upset. It's hard to stop a good passing attack at the high school level. Not many schools have a passing attack like Westview. I doubt UC has seen a team with the passing game Westview has. Westview runs effective enough. Just enough to keep a defense honest. Westview has an above average defense. The one thing UC has going in their favor is the veer. Not many teams run it the way UC does. 

Edited by lakecounty1968

5 hours ago, shockernation said:

Sorry UC I’ve been warning you! Clock won’t stop in the 2nd half.

Come on man. Ooops. Sorry for sounding like that goof ball in the Oval Office. Do you actually believe we need you to warn us about WV? I We know who they are and you might be absolutely correct about the running clock. I don’t think it will be that bad. Just saying 

4 minutes ago, lakecounty1968 said:

Union City seems to be getting better every week. In this game they must grind the clock. Do not get behind the chains and have no turnovers. UC must score when in the red zone. They cannot leave points on the field. Everyone knows Westview will complete passes. The UC defense must eliminate the yards after catch. UC must take away the Westview run game and don't let the Chargers be able to run and throw. UC must put pressure on Simpson with their front 4. I do not think UC can afford to blitz Simpson. He can scramble pretty well and throw on the run. Keep him in the pocket if possible. UC must keep this game close going into the 4th quarter. If UC can do this then they can pull the upset. It's hard to stop a good passing attack at the high school level. Not many schools have a passing attack like Westview. I doubt UC has seen a team with the passing game Westview has. Westview runs effective enough. Just enough to keep a defense honest. Westview has an above average defense. The one thing UC has going in their favor is the veer. Not many teams run it the way UC does. 

UC secondary will be tested if they have depth that can slow them down they will be okay. Westview can call hot routes during games and exploit holes in your defense during the game. The players including ty speak with coaches and communicate route running tuning all during the game. The defense has gotten better week after week only allowing 10ppg in scoring defense its considered elite. It’ll be a good game.