Sonny Moore's 2A top 10 week of 9/28/21

Yeti

5 hours ago, crow said:

Just yanking your chain. I’ve told you I expect the East to be represented by a quad 2 team and probably a region 3 team. As the season goes on it’s starting to look like y’all are the clear favorite in region 3 and probably the East. Personally I don’t see anyone in region 1 or 2 that would challenge you or a few others from R 3-4. Obviously your SOS and margins are impressive enough to be in some very good company. Like we talked about with Oneida when your SOS is low and your margins are close then that deservingly affects rankings the other way. Yes polls are mostly just for conversation but with a ranking system like Massey it really comes down to math and numbers don’t lie. If you weren’t playing quality opponents and winning decisively you wouldn’t be ranked that high. It certainly isn’t a guarantee but Massey gets it right more times than not. 

You say sos........lol

Stay flying low Westview below everyone’s radar.. steady as you go. Then WHAM! POW! BOOM! (I am seeing those words popping up in those signs they used to put up when Batman & Robin would punch out the bad guys, to satisfy censors back then they wouldn’t show the hit itself, but would overlay those word-signs instead. Don’t want to show violence to the kids. Man how time changes things, quick too! Gotta be old to recall this!). Yep, Chargers made it only once to finals & lost to Alcoa (I think) years ago in 2001.. perhaps 20 years later they’ll get their gold. .. I wonder, and only trivia hounds would know such a thing, how many sons & fathers have played for a gold or silver ball team at same school? Or even gramps, dad, & son? That’d be a cool legacy. Then extend that out to colleges & pros, talk about sharing memories as a family. That’d take some kind of research to find out, but I guess there are folk who do that. Then there’s that league where the alumni graduates from rival schools get to play each other in a football game, and sometimes gramps, dad, & sons get to line up against each other, or play on same team. Now THAT would be sumin! 

43 minutes ago, HevyReturns said:

Stay flying low Westview below everyone’s radar.. steady as you go. Then WHAM! POW! BOOM! (I am seeing those words popping up in those signs they used to put up when Batman & Robin would punch out the bad guys, to satisfy censors back then they wouldn’t show the hit itself, but would overlay those word-signs instead. Don’t want to show violence to the kids. Man how time changes things, quick too! Gotta be old to recall this!). Yep, Chargers made it only once to finals & lost to Alcoa (I think) years ago in 2001.. perhaps 20 years later they’ll get their gold. .. I wonder, and only trivia hounds would know such a thing, how many sons & fathers have played for a gold or silver ball team at same school? Or even gramps, dad, & son? That’d be a cool legacy. Then extend that out to colleges & pros, talk about sharing memories as a family. That’d take some kind of research to find out, but I guess there are folk who do that. Then there’s that league where the alumni graduates from rival schools get to play each other in a football game, and sometimes gramps, dad, & sons get to line up against each other, or play on same team. Now THAT would be sumin! 

Generation after generation of Harpers in Trousdale, they've got one this year also.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HevyReturns said:

I would say anytime there is a 5* player on a team it would be a huge letdown if they didn't dominate every game, but if you wanna play that card you can.  Probably could visit sp, mc, tc, Alcoa, basically any teams with rich traditions.  

59 minutes ago, TheTruthPrevails said:

Who have meigs played that could tie their own shoe?  Not all their fault with the success they have had but there is no way you can brag on their strength of schedule at all.

No I mentioned the strength of schedule combined with margins of victory. If they’re winning by 10 they’re not ranked nearly as high but they’re beating lesser teams handily. Massey and Sonny both factor that as well. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, TheTruthPrevails said:

Oh ok, I misunderstood then

No problem, I agree their schedule isn’t what it has been but you can’t do anything about your region and gotta play who will play you. We used to struggle getting out of region games. Not nearly as tough lately :blush: