Desean Bishop's quest for 3000 yards

eyeinthesky

15 minutes ago, TnBear said:

Imo if Redmond was so good he should be unstoppable with the amount of talent they have at WR and defenses not being able to double team him most of the time. But I feel he has stalled or even regressed. 

I don't know anything about his work ethic, but I always wonder about these highly-rated kids and their willingness to be the hardest worker. At this level, so many of those guys just expect to out athlete the opposition. He's certainly not a polished route runner.

1 minute ago, osunut2 said:

I don't know anything about his work ethic, but I always wonder about these highly-rated kids and their willingness to be the hardest worker. At this level, so many of those guys just expect to out athlete the opposition. He's certainly not a polished route runner.

Agreed and Matt doesn't exactly breed a "hard work" mindset. It is all about "out-athleteing" people and having swagger. This is evident with his coaches on social media.

• Upvote 1

Just now, FilmCzar said:

Agreed and Matt doesn't exactly breed a "hard work" mindset. It is all about "out-athleteing" people and having swagger. This is evident with his coaches on social media.

Sad, especially when you look back at the identity of his teams from a decade ago. Those teams had such a different attitude. He's got a few on this team that appear to have an incredible work ethic (Potts and Jayden Collins for starters), but nothing like what he had back in 2010 or 2011.

1 minute ago, osunut2 said:

Sad, especially when you look back at the identity of his teams from a decade ago. Those teams had such a different attitude. He's got a few on this team that appear to have an incredible work ethic (Potts and Jayden Collins for starters), but nothing like what he had back in 2010 or 2011.

OSU, I think it is the twitter age of social media. Coaches/Players more concerned with likes on social media and being deemed "cool" than actually going out and winning ball games. Time will only tell but if he doesnt win a title this year or next... wow. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, FilmCzar said:

OSU, I think it is the twitter age of social media. Coaches/Players more concerned with likes on social media and being deemed "cool" than actually going out and winning ball games. Time will only tell but if he doesnt win a title this year or next... wow. 

Totally agree. As long as their defense continues to improve, they absolutely have the pieces to win a title in the next 2 years. They still have a LOT to prove though, especially after last season.

43 minutes ago, FilmCzar said:

You'd probably love him more if he was playing for Weasel Matt & Co. at Powell.

Right. 

I totally control how Unapproved Website and 247 rank players in Tennessee.  

So you dog me up on side and down the other, and then suddenly you want a "truce".  Bubba, I was born at night, but it wasn't last night.  That ain't happening, and the quoted post is a perfect example of why it's not.  

Welcome to my ignore list.  You and the others on it will have a swell time.  

19 minutes ago, HTV said:

Right. 

So you dog me up on side and down the other, and then suddenly you want a "truce".  Bubba, I was born at night, but it wasn't last night.  That ain't happening, and the quoted post is a perfect example of why it's not.  

I know it's hard but try not to take it personal, I have the (sometimes) unfortunate pleasure of knowing the Czar. His wife makes a killer Blueberry Cobbler and she's equally as sweet. We go to at least one Farragut game a year and eat at Sam & Andy's beforehand. He means well but he gets carried away. I'm a diehard West fan and he gives me down the road about it but he will usually pick up the bill for my Bacon Vol burger so I let it slide.

15 minutes ago, edwardblake said:

I know it's hard but try not to take it personal, I have the (sometimes) unfortunate pleasure of knowing the Czar. His wife makes a killer Blueberry Cobbler and she's equally as sweet. We go to at least one Farragut game a year and eat at Sam & Andy's beforehand. He means well but he gets carried away. I'm a diehard West fan and he gives me down the road about it but he will usually pick up the bill for my Bacon Vol burger so I let it slide.

Ed is the most expensive date i've ever known. Bacon vol, large fry, large sweet tea. Cash only. Great food, better people. 

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, HTV said:

Right. 

Thanks

On 9/30/2021 at 3:57 PM, FilmCzar said:

HTV, please go look at Farragut's schedule. And get your head checked. Because you are insane!

HTV makes some good points. As a Maryville fan I can tell you this. 5A is basically the old 4A. I can tell you when Maryville played Powell and Central back in the 2nd and 3rd round those were harder games than what Maryville has played in the 2nd and 3rd round since they have been in 6A. From round 1 to round 3 the old 4A is every bit as good as 6A is. The biggest difference is the semifinal games in 6A.  In the old 4A only in 2003 did Maryville lose a semifinal game to MOwest. The rest of the time in a 4A Semifinal Maryville rolled. Now Maryville has to deal with Oakland. Oakland is a beast. Plus Blackman in 2013 and Siegel in 2012 were great.