Desean Bishop's quest for 3000 yards

eyeinthesky

5 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

In a "real" offense, he wouldn't be putting up 3,000 yards

Lol this is true, too. Few coaches outside of Taylor will give a kid 40+ touches a game. This is why I have been on my stump talking about him seriously considering forgoing his senior year to preserve his body for the SEC, NIL deals and a future NFL career.

He would be good enough to fit in any scheme and he would get his yards against most defenses, depending on how his offensive line held up. OR did a pretty good job against him the first half, but in the second half, after Karns starting using some other players to make plays, that took the heat off him some and when they came back to him, he was able to get free a lot more. He will do well against most defenses except the great defenses like Maryville or Greeneville. Most teams will rely on their offenses to outscore him too, figuring he would get his yards and points too.  He is a great player and he will do well at the next level, wherever he chooses to go after next season.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I think Noah Vaughn at Maryville can also get 3,000 if he were playing under Taylors system but at Maryville 10-14 shots a game is all he is going to get.

I agree. If Vaughn were playing in that system against those defenses, he would run for miles. The difference between a 4A/5A defense and a 6A Defense is like the difference between Kamala Harris and Halle Berry... just no comparison!

11 minutes ago, FilmCzar said:

I agree. If Vaughn were playing in that system against those defenses, he would run for miles. The difference between a 4A/5A defense and a 6A Defense is like the difference between Kamala Harris and Halle Berry... just no comparison!

I agree with most of what you said but you can't lump all 4a/5a defenses and all 6a defenses the same.  I've seen some horrible 6a Defenses and some great 4a/5a defenses too and even 3a defenses (Alcoa).  It has to do with more of the program and the coaching than it does the classification

1 minute ago, Swipes said:

I agree with most of what you said but you can't lump all 4a/5a defenses and all 6a defenses the same.  I've seen some horrible 6a Defenses and some great 4a/5a defenses too and even 3a defenses (Alcoa).  It has to do with more of the program and the coaching than it does the classification

What great 3A defenses have you seen besides Alcoa? Don't point out the outliers and make the case that generally the defenses are strong.