What happened?

olddevil

4 minutes ago, JacketLover said:

Proud of the Jackets!! I heard a saying a long time ago that “It isn’t the size of the dog in the fight, it’s the fight in the dog.”  I think our team epitomizes that. I recall the semi final games against Haywood and their announcers just amazed at how small we were and them we beat them two out of three years. We had to win in Paris to prove we are for real and an actual threat in 5A. Mission accomplished. 
Maybe we will see HC in the third round at our place. 

@olddevilWe ran late getting down to the game so I missed your tailgate. Maybe next time. 

I don’t think HC will make it that far. This is the first time in 15 years for me to think this about the playoffs but we can’t seem to put it all together. 13 total points and 1 TD in 8 quarters tells the story. I’m also not talking about the kids before someone comes in here and says “way to talk about kids on a message board”. Missing #17 & #7 did hurt but that’s part of the game. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, SEC1rules said:

I don’t think HC will make it that far. This is the first time in 15 years for me to think this about the playoffs but we can’t seem to put it all together. 13 total points and 1 TD in 8 quarters tells the story. I’m also not talking about the kids before someone comes in here and says “way to talk about kids on a message board”. Missing #17 & #7 did hurt but that’s part of the game. 

Unfortunately I have to agree. Its sad as a fan that we are at this point but its now a reality. I'm already looking to next year to be honest. Again congrats Springfield, big win!

6 minutes ago, BigRed88 said:

Unfortunately I have to agree. Its sad as a fan that we are at this point but its now a reality. I'm already looking to next year to be honest. Again congrats Springfield, big win!

Appreciate the kudos. Just to put this win in perspective, Springfield is now 2-10 against Henry County. Both wins came in Paris, tonight and in 1980. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheCommissioner said:

It is a big win for our program without a doubt. Coach Wilson is a fine coach but an even finer man

Im happy for you guys! I know how it was for us to get big wins! Good luck to yall the rest of the way. If we aren't going to be serious contenders then there is no other team i would rather see in 5A competing deep in the playoffs than the Springfield Yellow Jackets.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, SEC1rules said:

I’m with ya. 1 TD in 8 quarters is never good. A little disappointed after all this talk about this HC offense being the most high scoring team in years.  As far as #17 and #7. #17 is a game changer and tough as nails. If he was healthy, game would’ve been different. As far as #7 , him not being there was on him from what I hear. He is the deep threat and a special teams play maker. But then again, that’s football. Play with what you’ve got. 

2 hours ago, RollRed said:

What are you talking about? HC drove nearly 80 yards just couldn’t punch it in. And we lost our #1 running back on the 1st play after a 9 yard run. I’m not sure about Springfield they haven’t moved the ball at all. Also #7 didn’t play probably our best receiver. These are 2 top tear teams. Trash talking a bunch of kids seems kinda pathetic. Both teams are leaving it all on the field. 

No probably to it- he is their best receiver

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, WatchingfromtheSide said:

I’m with ya. 1 TD in 8 quarters is never good. A little disappointed after all this talk about this HC offense being the most high scoring team in years.  As far as #17 and #7. #17 is a game changer and tough as nails. If he was healthy, game would’ve been different. As far as #7 , him not being there was on him from what I hear. He is the deep threat and a special teams play maker. But then again, that’s football. Play with what you’ve got. 

The jury is still out on whether it was on #7 for the reason why he didn't play tonight, but it is what it always has been.