What happened?

olddevil

27 minutes ago, Professor Chaos said:

We've got smallish receivers, no screens?  We use to run a ton of playaction; don't see that much anymore.  RPO's maybe?  Brentwood tore Henry County up with those the past 2 years.  Morgan Barrick plays pretty well against South Gibson, gets what 15 carries or so?  1 carry against Springfield, played more snaps on defense.  Last year our tight ends were a huge key, especially off of play action.  This year, I think their only catch of the season was the throwback screen against Springfield.  They've had #4 on varsity for 1 1/2 years, and they still have no idea what to do with him.  We have a quarterback that has power 5 offers, yet we've played 3 different qb's throughout the season.  Just baffling.  

Just curious.  What schools are recruiting your QB?

4 hours ago, Professor Chaos said:

We've got smallish receivers, no screens?  We use to run a ton of playaction; don't see that much anymore.  RPO's maybe?  Brentwood tore Henry County up with those the past 2 years.  Morgan Barrick plays pretty well against South Gibson, gets what 15 carries or so?  1 carry against Springfield, played more snaps on defense.  Last year our tight ends were a huge key, especially off of play action.  This year, I think their only catch of the season was the throwback screen against Springfield.  They've had #4 on varsity for 1 1/2 years, and they still have no idea what to do with him.  We have a quarterback that has power 5 offers, yet we've played 3 different qb's throughout the season.  Just baffling.  

I can’t argue with a single thing you posted. I told a friend the this weekend, it’s just doesn’t make sense. That’s all I can really say at this point. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SEC1rules said:

I can’t argue with a single thing you posted. I told a friend the this weekend, it’s just doesn’t make sense. That’s all I can really say at this point. 

I can’t believe y’all haven’t used that tight end more. Seems to me he’d be a nice target up the middle on some seam routes. There’s no doubt your QB could get it to him with the arm he’s got. 

6 hours ago, Professor Chaos said:

One wrench in the gearbox I think is #24 not panning out at RB and they play him at safety. If Z could run the ball like he did in middle school id love to see # 4 playing receiver/safety. Z has to step up ,I had high hopes for him. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, RollRed said:

One wrench in the gearbox I think is #24 not panning out at RB and they play him at safety. If Z could run the ball like he did in middle school id love to see # 4 playing receiver/safety. Z has to step up ,I had high hopes for him. 

I agree with this and also the play calling is very mediocre like they don’t have any confidence in the players.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, JacketLover said:

I can’t believe y’all haven’t used that tight end more. Seems to me he’d be a nice target up the middle on some seam routes. There’s no doubt your QB could get it to him with the arm he’s got. 

Yeah that TE screen HC threw was a thing of beauty. They should’ve hit it more or, like you said, found him down the seem.

One thing Springfield fans will agree with is that our strength and conditioning program is starting to show results. We finally got a dedicated coach for that for all sports about three years ago. Our boys aren’t necessarily big but they are strong and in shape. A lot of our players go two ways. Henry County was bigger than us for the most part but not that much stronger.