Week 8 Beech @ Springfield

brian2000

Beech is coming off of a win against a very bad West Creek team. Springfield is coming in riding high after beating Henry County. 

Beech has yet to play a complete game. It’s getting to be late in the season to be saying that, but I do believe if they put together a complete game they can surprise a lot of people that may have e written them off with the losses to Hendersonville and Summit. The defense has been put in some bad situations all year, as the offense has struggled to find consistency. That said, I don’t think Springfield can hold them under 21. Can Springfield score with them?

7 hours ago, eers said:

Beech is coming off of a win against a very bad West Creek team. Springfield is coming in riding high after beating Henry County. 

Beech has yet to play a complete game. It’s getting to be late in the season to be saying that, but I do believe if they put together a complete game they can surprise a lot of people that may have e written them off with the losses to Hendersonville and Summit. The defense has been put in some bad situations all year, as the offense has struggled to find consistency. That said, I don’t think Springfield can hold them under 21. Can Springfield score with them?

That’s been the question for me all year about Springfield is the offense. We’ve got the players but the play calling has been up and down. Defense on the other hand has been playing lights out. Should be a fun one.

2 minutes ago, Poundtherock23 said:

That’s been the question for me all year about Springfield is the offense. We’ve got the players but the play calling has been up and down. Defense on the other hand has been playing lights out. Should be a fun one.

I agree at times I have thought the play calling was too conservative for my tastes. But we are 6-1 and a missed PAT and 2 missed FGs away from being 7-0.  I can’t complain too much.  I am just a second guessing arm chair QB 

3 minutes ago, TheCommissioner said:

I agree at times I have thought the play calling was too conservative for my tastes. But we are 6-1 and a missed PAT and 2 missed FGs away from being 7-0.  I can’t complain too much.  I am just a second guessing arm chair QB 

No you are spot on. Slant has been there ALL year long and we don’t throw it but maybe once a game if that. It’s a really good way to pick up 4-5 yards on 2nd down and 3rd and short.

Edited by Poundtherock23

7 hours ago, eers said:

it’s equivalent to the playoffs past the first round having HC and Beech  imo. I do believe the Jacket defense can hold Beech under 21. Couple of factors can the Jackets get up and play with same energy and will Beech offense make an improvement. Im curious of the Jackets response.

16 minutes ago, Poundtherock23 said:

I agree about the offense. Right before halftime I would’ve liked to  seen the Jackets  manage that 2/3 minute offense better and get down to a scoring position. And get ball back 2nd half. 

I don’t remember the Jackets having trouble last yr on extra points when Devon snapped and 2 held. 

Edited by brian2000

27 minutes ago, Poundtherock23 said:

No you are spot on. Slant has been there ALL year long and we don’t throw it but maybe once a game if that. It’s a really good way to pick up 4-5 yards on 2nd down and 3rd and short.

That and I like that rollout throw back screen that we run every once and a while. HC hit us with last night. It usually is a positive more times than not when we do it. I like the throw to the TE down middle of the field as well. 

Edited by brian2000

1 minute ago, brian2000 said:

That and I like that rollout throw back screen that we run every once and a while. HC it us with last night. It usually is a positive more times than not when we do it. I like the throw to the TE down middle of the field as well. 

I like the TE screen too.  We are only good for it about once a game.  Benny Galuzzi would scoot when we ran that with him 

7 hours ago, eers said:

I thinking our D has the potential to hold the Bucs to 21 or less.  Our scoring more than 21 will be the question.  We have only scored 26 total in the past three games.  We have turned ito a defensive team but you still have to score some to win