Week 8 Beech @ Springfield

brian2000

54 minutes ago, eers said:

Beech has a D1 TE and WR. One of the sophomore QBs just got his first offer last week from Jacksonville St. They have the potential to put up a lot of points, but have struggled at times to find a rhythm. As all Crabtree coached teams, I anticipate they will find that rhythm at some point… it just needs to happen soon. 

Sounds like Beech should be scoring 40+ points a game

Springfield just played a team that has multiple players with multiple offers, we have talented players, they just dont have the "measurables" that college scouts are looking for. That is okay, the Jackets have plenty grit and even when they may lose, they always fight their butts off. This is a good game for the Jackets to test themselves and uncover some weaknesses. I can see them having a chance of winning if they can keep it close going into the 4th quarter...

We happened to meet the dad of Henry County’s #76 junior offensive tackle last night when we stopped for some snacks for the road going home. We got to talking a little, he’s had two unofficial visits to Clemson and Florida State, is at Kentucky today for the Florida game and is going on an unofficial to Tennessee for the Ole Miss game. I think our #84 Kevarius Smith held his own with him last night. Just a random thought that popped in my head. 

Beech is better than Henry County so we have to play better than we did last night to win. Can we do it, I think so, but we will see how it plays out Friday.  

19 minutes ago, brian2000 said:

Sounds like Beech should be scoring 40+ points a game

I agree. Lol

seriously have the potential to, but it has been a struggle at times. The OL has struggled a bit, inconsistency at QB at times, penalties at the wrong time. It has gotten better, but they haven’t improved as much as I anticipated they would to this point. 

14 minutes ago, eers said:

I agree. Lol

seriously have the potential to, but it has been a struggle at times. The OL has struggled a bit, inconsistency at QB at times, penalties at the wrong time. It has gotten better, but they haven’t improved as much as I anticipated they would to this point. 

Are they still playing two QBs @eers? I seem to recall that from the TV game with Henry County. 

5 hours ago, JacketLover said:

We happened to meet the dad of Henry County’s #76 junior offensive tackle last night when we stopped for some snacks for the road going home. We got to talking a little, he’s had two unofficial visits to Clemson and Florida State, is at Kentucky today for the Florida game and is going on an unofficial to Tennessee for the Ole Miss game. I think our #84 Kevarius Smith held his own with him last night. Just a random thought that popped in my head. 

Beech is better than Henry County so we have to play better than we did last night to win. Can we do it, I think so, but we will see how it plays out Friday.  

KY will tell that kid....hey we can beat FL but TN can’t...SMH. Smith was smaller but his quickness gave 76 fits at times.