Week 8 Beech @ Springfield

brian2000

6 minutes ago, JacketLover said:

Beech throws the ball better than HC. I hope we can adjust in this game like we did at HC; if so, we have a legitimate chance to hold them under 21, but if not, it could get ugly. 

The zone will give up plays unless we get to the QB quick or they having a case of the dropsies or QB is having off night. Man to man looked good last night. I know Beech has a WR that is pretty big as well.

Edited by brian2000

1 hour ago, Poundtherock23 said:

That’s been the question for me all year about Springfield is the offense. We’ve got the players but the play calling has been up and down. Defense on the other hand has been playing lights out. Should be a fun one.

The offense we ran when we had Brian Hayes at QB with the quick throws to the WRs to open up the downfield plays. I like the rest of what they are doing, just wish they would add that one element to the offense. Just my opinion, but we have too good of a QB with Crenshaw and the fast WRs to not have more production in the passing game. Hopefully that is something that develops going into the playoffs...

6 minutes ago, Kevin38 said:

The offense we ran when we had Brian Hayes at QB with the quick throws to the WRs to open up the downfield plays. I like the rest of what they are doing, just wish they would add that one element to the offense. Just my opinion, but we have too good of a QB with Crenshaw and the fast WRs to not have more production in the passing game. Hopefully that is something that develops going into the playoffs...

We do have a new OC but not sure why we don’t throw a little more. Not sure how much Dustin is involved with plays either. 

10 minutes ago, brian2000 said:

We do have a new OC but not sure why we don’t throw a little more. Not sure how much Dustin is involved with plays either. 

If I know Dustin he is putting his trust in the offensive coach to call the majority of the plays and he steps in on big game situations. I am sure he wouldnt have hired him otherwise, having said that they could have a completely different philosophy, what do I know.....lol

2 hours ago, brian2000 said:

I agree about the offense. Right before halftime I would’ve liked to  seen the Jackets  manage that 2/3 minute offense better and get down to a scoring position. And get ball back 2nd half. 

I don’t remember the Jackets having trouble last yr on extra points when Devon snapped and 2 held. 

The extra pint and FG thing concerns me a little. We’ve missed one every game except against Rossview I believe, I thought it could’ve haunted us against Henry County like it did against Wilson Central. Have we even made a FG this year? 

Edited by Poundtherock23

1 hour ago, Poundtherock23 said:

The extra pint and FG thing concerns me a little. We’ve missed one every game except against Rossview I believe, I thought it could’ve haunted us against Henry County like it did against Wilson Central. Have we even made a FG this year? 

None that I can remember 

I’ve had this one circled on the calendar all year. Stoked this old rivalry has been renewed.  Should be a fun one. I think it’s a tight one IF the Jackets can get the offense going. The biggest matchup will be the Beech WR’s vs the Springfield secondary. 

Beech 27

Springfield 17

5 hours ago, JacketLover said:

Beech throws the ball better than HC. I hope we can adjust in this game like we did at HC; if so, we have a legitimate chance to hold them under 21, but if not, it could get ugly. 

Beech has a D1 TE and WR. One of the sophomore QBs just got his first offer last week from Jacksonville St. They have the potential to put up a lot of points, but have struggled at times to find a rhythm. As all Crabtree coached teams, I anticipate they will find that rhythm at some point… it just needs to happen soon. 

5 hours ago, brian2000 said:

The zone will give up plays unless we get to the QB quick or they having a case of the dropsies or QB is having off night. Man to man looked good last night. I know Beech has a WR that is pretty big as well.

Two big, fast WRs and a TE. It will be difficult to try to play man, but I hope they do.